Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mufasa View Post
    from the photo seems Sardegna (or Corsica)..... Marana is difficult to find in Italy because there are several small places or villages in Italy with this name derived from Latin and means "acquatico"of water" (for example, also near Rome Marana is colled the area of the old open aqueduct).....
    Hi,

I found a Marana near Marinella, on the north east of Sardinia.

Thanks,

Jerry

Comment

Many thanks!

Many thanks to the both of you.

Started wearing glasses a month ago, can't get the damn focus point right on the small stuff. Don't laugh it's going to happen to each and every one of us sooner or later.

Rock, paper, scissors ... you know what beats them all ... TIME!

Russ

Comment

Russ

I had the same problem some years ago - but now it works perfectly. Take your TIME !

Gerdan

Comment

Hi.
          Please help with this:
          I can only read ...Holland 24.5.42

Regards Patrick
          Attached Files

Comment

Rekruten Vereidigung
            in Laren/Holland

Swearing in of the recruits in Laren/Holland

Trebes

Comment

Thank you Trebes

Patrick

Comment

Trebes: thanks for you help translating #2487; I've been away from a computer for a few days, otherwise I'd have thanked you sooner.

DG

Comment

Can anybody help with this?

(click for larger)

Comment

Help with translation ...

I hope someone could help me decypher some entries in a Wehrpass (shown below).
                    I only need the entries that are underlined in red

Many thanks in advance !!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

trans

Abwehrkaempfe im Raum um Demjansk- defensive battles in the area around Demjansk.
                      Abwehrkaempfe im Gebiet von Demjansk und in der Landbruecke nordwestlich Demjansk-- defensive battles in the area of Demjansk and on the peninsula northwest of Demjansk.
                      Raeumung des Gebietes vom Demjansk bis zur Radja und Abwehrschlacht im Raum von Staraja Russa- evacuation of the Demjansk area to the Radja and defensive battle im the area of Staraja Russa.

Comment

# 2531

the text is written in a very poor German language with a lot of mistakes. May be that the writer was not of German origin.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                          Abwehrkaempfe im Raum um Demjansk- defensive battles in the area around Demjansk.
                          Abwehrkaempfe im Gebiet von Demjansk und in der Landbruecke nordwestlich Demjansk-- defensive battles in the area of Demjansk and on the peninsula northwest of Demjansk.
                          Raeumung des Gebietes vom Demjansk bis zur Radja und Abwehrschlacht im Raum von Staraja Russa- evacuation of the Demjansk area to the Radja and defensive battle im the area of Staraja Russa.
                          Thanks a lot !

Comment

Name

Hello,
                            What name reads this tailor's label, please? It is from a Leutnant.
                            Thank you
                            Attached Files

Comment

Translation Pls

Gentlemen and or Ladies,

Please help me with this translation. It is on a Schnapps serving tray, Christmas 1942.

sudostwarts des tlmensees

die schn abt 122

Thank You,

Mike W

Comment

Originally posted by panzer1432 View Post
                                Gentlemen and or Ladies,

Please help me with this translation. It is on a Schnapps serving tray, Christmas 1942.

sudostwarts des tlmensees

die schn abt 122

Thank You,

Mike W
                                Southeast of the Ilmensee (probably an "I", not a T)
                                The heavy (probably "w" instead of "n"?) unit 122

Would help to have a pic, just to ensure that's correct.
                                best
                                Hank

Edit: Schn might be "schnelle", or fast. As in a quick response or lightly armored unit.

Hank
                                Last edited by Hank Cummings; 03-25-2011, 01:09 AM. Reason: more info
                                Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                                ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 41 users online. 0 members and 41 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X