Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello evryone !
    I need your help to understand the exact wonds of this soldier of the 169. Inf Div :

Thanks a lot

Comment

So, it's Narva Front.

Narva Front.jpg

Comment

Thanks

Comment

14845 Tannenbergstellung Narwa Front 1944/Juli

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
            14845 Tannenbergstellung Narwa Front 1944/Juli
            Yes, that's it! But, Narva with "v".

Comment

I read "Narwa" as written to give the phonetic sound in German "Narva".

Comment

I read "Narwa" as written to give the phonetic sound in German "Narva".

I do not think that the one, who wrote Narva Front, didn't know how to spell it. He must've seen it many times on military maps.

Narva Front 2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Einzel View Post
                  So, just as an attempt. Not quite sure, though. The upper two Nachnamen look so similar, you would think they're the same.

[ATTACH]4626229[/ATTACH]
                  Thanks for your effort

Comment

I read there, like others, Narwa.

There is written a combination of Kurrent/Sütterlin and normal latin script.

a and r are combined in the word Narwa, like o and n in the wordpart front. It is not helpful, to compare such a combination of Kurrent and latin script only with the Kurrent script.

This is my very personal view.

Uwe

Comment

It looks like "Narwa" to me as well. This is not really a problem; both spelling variants - "Narva" and "Narwa" can be found in period German documents.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry I can't read out the German names of these children ... any help please?
                        1. Franz - 3. Maria - 6. Frindrif - 8. Jofaf?? - 13. Ferdinand - 14. Franzeska

Originally posted by Frank Fourquet View Post
                        Very good great contribution !! Thanks a lot! This is the list of his brothers

Comment

1.Franz 2.Heinrich 3.Maria 4.Elisabeth 5.August 6.Friedrich 7.Helene 8.Josef 9.Anton 10.Alaysius 11.Josepha 12.Yrodor 13.Ferdinand 14. Franzeska

Comment

1.Franz 2.Heinrich 3.Maria 4.Elisabeth 5.August 6.Friedrich 7.Helene 8.Josef 9.Anton 10.Alaysius 11.Josepha 12.Yrodor 13.Ferdinand 14. Franzeska
                            Just a little correction: # 10 = "Aloysisus", # 12 = "Theodor".

Comment

thanks!

Kapitan zur See....

Comment

Thanks!!! (Pauke & HPL2008)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X