Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
    Hi Bernd,

Thanks for translating Sepp's photo and the awards ceremony photo. Sorry for posting Sepp's photo twice. I wonder what the writer meant by the important 'Ja' and whose important signature. Were you able to translate the back of the half track photo?
    Hi John,

I think it's a wedding in distance. To say Yes und to give the signature is very important
    I dont know the word for Vierlingsflak (= Vierling) in english (A flak with 4 barrels)

Comment

half track and awards ceremony

Hi Bernd,

Ah I thought the 'Ja' and important signature had something to do with the ceremony itself. A four barreled flak gun would be called a quad flak gun I believe. Quad meaning four.

Comment

The ceremony is the wedding of this man. His bride was at home and he stayed on the front. He had to say yes and to sign the marriage document, like at home but on distance.

Comment

fighter pilot letter.

i need help with this letter to trenslatc into english.the letter came from a fighter pilot lot i have.i think it is about his death.any help much appreacted thanks..
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nightfighter View Post
            i need help with this letter to trenslatc into english.the letter came from a fighter pilot lot i have.i think it is about his death.any help much appreacted thanks..
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Awards Ceremony

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for the translations and the clarification regarding what the awards ceremony soldier was writing about.

Regards,
                John

Comment

any ideas on the rest of the last name? "Holland 1944 Ende Grundausbildung Opa Bernhard....? Lekma?

Comment

As for the long-distance-wedding - This might be of interest:
                    When a Ferntrauung was conducted, the bridegroom expressed his will to marry in a ceremony conducted by his battalion commander, while the bride appeared before the registrar back home. There, a symbolic steel helmet often took the bridegroom's place, like in this photograph:
                    http://www.dhm.de/ausstellungen/lebe...onen/2_127.htm

Comment

What kind of injury is this?
                      Attached Files

Comment

....this one is very very hard...I don't understand (probably it's faded) what kind of wound badge is! Thanks in advance to ALL!!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

The injury:

Streifschußverlezung des vorderen linken Handgelenk......? - Granzing shot of the forward left wrist..

Gerdan

Comment

hi has any one had any luck with this one...

Comment

When someone has a chance...

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                                The injury:

Streifschußverlezung des vorderen linken Handgelenk......? - Granzing shot of the forward left wrist..

Gerdan
                                Thank you Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 19 users online. 0 members and 19 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X