Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
    Hi Bernd,

Thanks for the translations. On # 187, were you able to make out any of the names of the comrades who wanted a copy of the photo? Can anyone see if they can find Günter Brockmann in the Volksbund registry or wherever the names of the fallen would be? I'd appreciate that. Thanks again Bernd.

Regards,
    John
    Hi John,
    the only one I can read for sure is the first of them:

Lt. Hildebrandt

2 I would guess: Albert + Jürgens

Regards
    Bernd

Comment

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for your help. It's much appreciated.

Regards,
      John

Comment

Greetings,
        I don't mean to be lazy here, but I would like to get the "real" translation here as to not lose any meaning.
        Danke schon,
        Thanks,
        John Pen.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pen. View Post
          Greetings,
          I don't mean to be lazy here, but I would like to get the "real" translation here as to not lose any meaning.
          Danke schon,
          Thanks,
          John Pen.
          I'll have a go:
          "Public life must be liberated from the choking perfume of modern Eroticism, just as from all effeminate prudish insincerity. In all these things, the goal and the way must be decided with concern for the preservation of the health of our people, in body and soul. -- Adolf Hitler, 'Mein Kampf' "

Regards,
          ---Norm

Comment

Thanks Norm,
            That'll do just fine.
            Cheers,
            John Pen.

Comment

Gebirgsjager

Here's a portrait of a Gebirgsjager that I just received. I believe the word on the back is the month the photo was taken in 1942. However, I'd like someone to confirm that. Here's the front of the portrait.
              Attached Files

Comment

Gebirgsjager portrait

Now for the reverse.
                Attached Files

Comment

Gebirgsjager portrait

I realize that Bauer was the photographers name, but is Saalfelden the place where it was taken? If so, where is Saalfelden?

Comment

As the soldier is a Gebirgsjäger I would mean it is Saalfelden in Austria where the photograph was taken. Normally such studio photographs were taken near the place where he or his family lived.

http://www.saalfelden.at/system/web/...lonr=219177244

Gerdan

Comment

Gebirgsjager

Hi Gerdan.

I thought that it was where he was from or where he had trained. What does the back of the photo say? It looks like it says August 1942.

Comment

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
                        Hi Gerdan.

I thought that it was where he was from or where he had trained. What does the back of the photo say? It looks like it says August 1942.
                        Got that right.

Comment

Saalfelden is the location of the photographer

Comment

There is still today a Foto Bauer in Saalfelden:

http://tsgm.stadtausstellung.at/saal...o-bauer/infos/

As I told you I think he was living in or near Saalfelden.

Gerdan

Comment

Saalfelden

Hi,

Gerdan, that's interesting that the photographer is still in business after all these years isn't? Like I said, before you told me you believed he was from Saalfelden, that's what I thought as well. I agree with you that Saalfelden was his hometown. I'm glad that I was able to read the writing on the back of the photo correctly. Too bad he didn't identify himself. Thanks for the help everyone.

Regards,
                              John

Comment

"High German" translation needed please.

Hello, Is there anyone who can read High or Old German text? If so, could you please give a translation of this? I know it is alot, so a loose translation would be o.k.
                                All I can make out is that it is signed by the Polizei.

Danke schon,
                                Thanks,
                                John Pen.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X