No announcement yet.

Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can also read "König Friedrich I". At a guess, bottom line could be 2. Ostpr.(eussisches) -?- No. 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantr...%E2%80%93_1918)

http://www.grosser-generalstab.de/re...tml#Grenadiere

Regards, Giorgos

PS: You found the answer while I was typing!

Comment

Originally posted by stray_dog View Post
      I can also read "König Friedrich I". At a guess, bottom line could be 2. Ostpr.(eussisches) -?- No. 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantr...%E2%80%93_1918)

http://www.grosser-generalstab.de/re...tml#Grenadiere

Regards, Giorgos

PS: You found the answer while I was typing!
      It is located in a mausoleum or shrine.
      _________
      Robert
      Attached Files

Comment

Wehrpass entry help please

Hi
        Can anyone make these couple of entries out please?
        thanks
        andy
        Attached Files

Comment

trans

Sicherung des Generalgouvernements - security in the General Government (Poland)
          Abwehrschlacht im Raum um Rshew(?) - Defensive battle in the area around Rshew
          Stellungskaempfe im Bereich der Heeresgruppe Mitte - positional battles in the areaof the Army Group Middle

Comment

thanks

Many thanks yet again. Any chance of translating these from the same Wehrpass.
            Thank you
            andy
            Attached Files

Comment

# 1151

1) Abgeschlossen (closed), O.U., den 7. Juni 1943
              i.V. gez. Wanschura, Lt. u. Stv. Kp.-Führer

2) 1.6.43 Gefallen (KIA), Höhe 263,5 2KM nördl. (north of) Stalganow(?)
              i.V. sig. Wanschura, Lt. u. Kp.-Führer

Gerdan

Comment

I would be grateful if anyone could read this. I can read "In Ermangelung eines
                Dienstsiegels" but not the rest.
                Attached Files

Comment

"in Ermangelung eines Dienstsiegels:
                  sig.
                  Obstltn (Obersleutnant) u.(nd) Kdr. (Kommandeur) d.(es) rückw.(ärtigen)
                  Kriegsgebietes (this is cancelled) 15.4.45

Hpptm. und. Adju."

Gerdan

Comment

Thank you Gerdan ... I owe you more than just one beer by now!

Comment

hi guys

I finally get to use this thread :-) Thanks to chris for the great idea.
                      Sorry for posting a wehrpass here, but I only need to ask for a one word translation

Could someone please help me with the first entry? I know the end of the entry is the unit the soldier was in at the time, but I just can't seem to translate the first word.

Thanks all in advance for your help!!!

P.S. I believe G.R. means great? is that the case in this scenario for the unit name?

Comment

Originally posted by khorgor View Post
                        P.S. I believe G.R. means great? is that the case in this scenario for the unit name?
                        If you mean the first line ? I think that's 4th Machine Gun company of the Infantry Regiment (IR) Motorised. The first word I can't make out - the 2nd part of it looks like Feldzug. Open to correction on all of that.

Don't mean to cut across you and I hope someone can clarify the above, but can anyone make out the writing on this street sign or know what it means (from Warsaw Ghetto) ?

It could be something like 'V---ff Ausg Strasse' - can anyone confirm what it is or means please ?

Comment

thanks gerard.

so that gives me "campaign" so far.

Just need the first part now ;-)

BTW, are you sure your sign says strass? Looks like St. as in street to me

Comment

Originally posted by khorgor View Post
                            thanks gerard.

so that gives me "campaign" so far.

Just need the first part now ;-)

BTW, are you sure your sign says strass? Looks like St. as in street to me
                            Looks to me like it says Russlandfeldzug - Russia campaign - I don't have the double "s" character on my keyboard which looks like a "B" with the straight line going further below the letter and the "B" is not fully closed - called an "eszett"

As far as the street sign in Gerard's photo I read it as Verp-- (maybe Verpfl.) Ausg. and possibly SL under that - as far as what it means my only thought is that if it is Verpfl. then it could be short for "verpflicht" which means oblige or in this case obligatory.
                            Ausg. could then be short for "Ausgang" - exit

Holger
                            Last edited by Curt Steinbach; 06-14-2010, 09:17 PM.

Comment

thanks holger

I was just thinking it was russian campaign.

Now I just need to figure out where the regiment was during that campaign to finish the campaign diary of my soldier

Comment

trans

Verpfl. Ausg. is Verpflegungs Ausgabe food rationing location

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 357 users online. 0 members and 357 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X