No announcement yet.

Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a diary entry for the 1 Sept 1939 during the invasion of Poland. Again if you can read it, I am interested in a summary of what he was thinking during the first days of the invasion. thanks regards graeme
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi all,

I need some help with this letter. I can read it roughly, but I need the details who she is talking about on the first page when she talks about the schrapnel wound. I know that her son she's writing to was in a Lazarett, but I do not know what caused it (perhaps he only fell ill). Is she talking about the wounds of her son or someone else's?

Of course if someone can give a short summary of the rest of the letter, I would appreciate that as well!

Best regards,
      Paul
      Attached Files

Comment

# 9272

Due to his jump injury he couldn't fight.
        Trebes

Am 2.6.41
        Meine liebe Gitti!
        Sei von mir aufs allerherzlichste gegrüßt! Wenn ich nur so wenig schreibe, so mußt Du es schon entschuldigen; es geht aber leider nicht anders. Wie du siehst, bin ich noch einigermaßen am Leben. Den Einsatz in Kreta habe ich ganz gut überstanden. Außer einer Hüftgelenksprellung (l. Oberschenkel) und einer kleinen Ruhr habe ich mir weiter nichts Ernstliches geholt. Da ich noch nicht richtig wieder laufen kann, liege ich hier in Griechenland im Lazarett und warte auf meine Genesung. Wir werden vielleicht in den nächsten Tagen nach Deutschland gebracht. Es ist jammerschade, daß ich durch meine Sprungverletzung schon ziemlich früh ausgefallen bin, aber es war auch so ganz ordentlich. Ihr könnt Euch freuen, daß ich noch so munter am Leben bin. Ich habe wieder mal unerhört Massel gehabt. Na, davon später mündlich.
        Nun sei recht herzlich gegrüßt und geküßt!
        Dein Kara

Comment

Hello - I'm in need of translation help for this letter. If anyone can read and post its contents, I will be most appreciative. Thank you......Bob
          Attached Files

Comment

# 9276

It is the information of the unit that the Luftwaffen Oberleutnant was KIA. The letter was sent to his father.

Angehörigen darin evtl. noch nicht verzeichnet sein.

Nachname: Kielhorn
            Vorname: Gerhard August Wilhelm
            Dienstgrad: Oberleutnant
            Geburtsdatum: 06.10.1919
            Geburtsort: Braunschweig
            Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 21.07.1942
            Todes-/Vermisstenort: Konstantinowskaja, 25 km nördl, Russia

His grave is stll missing.

Gerdan

Comment

Thank you, Gerdan, for such a quick response! Does the letter contain the details of his last mission?
              Regards.....Bob

Comment

# 9278

In the morning of 21.7. Oberleutnant Kielhorn observed enemy troops northeast Trosbow(?).

He was leading an aircraft formation of 7 faircraft . He was hit by Flak on his left engine. He

dropped his bombs and tried to reach the German lines north and east of the river Donez with

his airplane . His crew could jump out of the plane which was in flames by parachute but he

crashed with his airplane.

I hope I could find the exact words in translation the German text.

Gerdan

Comment

Again, Gerdan, Thank you very much. Bob

Comment

Christmas related framed poster

Interesting frame on this poster. Can someone help with translation please?

Thanks in advance!!

Brad
                    Attached Files

Comment

...another pic with title at top.
                      Attached Files

Comment

poster

The message is from the Prussian crown prince who is sending Christmas greetings to every soldier in the 5th army just like his grandfather the crown prince did in the 1870 war. They also receive a pipe with his picture.

Comment

poster

Thank you!! So this is a WWI artifact? Probably from early 1900's?

Thanks,
                          Brad

Comment

This document was given during WW1 by Kronprinz Friedrich Wilhelm von Preußen who was

commanding the German 5. Army who was fighting in France. So it is dated about 1914-1918.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhel...n_Crown_Prince

Gerdan

Comment

poster

Clearly WW 1. If you take it out of the frame there could possibly be a printer's name and the year on it somewhere, but if not 1914 then I would imagine 1915.

Comment

Here is a picture of the pipe he gave to his 5th Army soldiers as a Christmas gift:

https://www.rhoenundsaalepost.de/lok...art2826,253558

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X