No announcement yet.

Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you again Gerdan! Is the man in the photo a doctor? or is Dr. a first name?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackWatch1 View Post
      Thank you again Gerdan! Is the man in the photo a doctor?
      Hmmm, hard to say, but I believe the dedication on the back is from the Doctor to the Unteroffizier.
      or is Dr. a first name?
      No, unless his parents really wanted to lay out his life path from day 1.

best
      Hank
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hi,

yes, he is a Dr., the rank is Unterarzt:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unterarzt_%28military%29

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?p=5962258

Uwe

Comment

Thank you guys for the information!

Comment

Can someone translate this for me please? Am I right in thinking it relates to a gunshot wound (I.G.) to his upper arm (O'arm) or is it something totally different?
            Attached Files

Comment

# 7153

" I. G. Durchschuß, re.(chter) O'(ber) Arm mit Ulnarisläsionierung"

Gerdan

Comment

Many thanks Gerdan.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                  # 7153

" I. G. Durchschuß, re.(chter) O'(ber) Arm mit Ulnarisläsionierung"

Gerdan
                  I have to add, because I was curious and looked it up, this is sort of a loss of motor skills in the hand/elbow due to nerve damage.

link: http://link.springer.com/chapter/10....642-17267-0_20

best
                  Hank
                  Last edited by Hank C.; 01-09-2015, 05:47 PM. Reason: link/credit
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Hello gentlemen,

Can anyone decipher the reason what the cause of death is?
                    All I can make out is: vermütlich infolge ..... (probaly due to ...). Perhaps something with vergiftung?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Comment

I can read "vermutlich infolge Schlir....vergiftung". He's believedto have died following some sort of poisoning (and it may be a natural sort of poisoning from infection or some such).

best
                      Hank
                      Last edited by Hank C.; 01-10-2015, 07:30 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

# 7158

"...vermutlich infolge Schlafmittelvergiftung."- sleeping medication poisening

Gerdan

Comment

Thank you very much Hank and Gerdan! Much appreciated!

Comment

Hi,

I believe this is a transmittal letter for the RK KvK. Can someone assist?

Thanks in advance.

Gary B
                            Attached Files
                            ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

# 7161

Exactly described. The letter has - as enclosures - the two mini versions of the

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse and also the Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes.

The new owner was Werner Hassenpflug, a high ranking Person as Ministerialdirektor im

Reichsverkehrsministerium

HASSENPFLUG, Werner (RK d. KVK o. Schw.)
                              (1901 - )
                              Ministerialdirektor:
                              Born: 23. 08. 1901.
                              Died:
                              Assignments:
                              Leiter der Personalabteilung in Reichsverkehrsministerium: 1943 -
                              Beauftragter fur die Binnenschiffahrt im Reichsverkehrsministerium:
                              Ministerialdirektor in der Eisenbahnabteilung des Reichsverkehrsministeriums: 1.12.1941 -
                              Mitglied des Vorstandes der Deutschen-Reichsbahn:
                              Decorations & Awards:
                              Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter: 12. Aug. 1944;

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                                # 7161

Exactly described. The letter has - as enclosures - the two mini versions of the

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse and also the Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes.

The new owner was Werner Hassenpflug, a high ranking Person as Ministerialdirektor im

Reichsverkehrsministerium

HASSENPFLUG, Werner (RK d. KVK o. Schw.)
                                (1901 - )
                                Ministerialdirektor:
                                Born: 23. 08. 1901.
                                Died:
                                Assignments:
                                Leiter der Personalabteilung in Reichsverkehrsministerium: 1943 -
                                Beauftragter fur die Binnenschiffahrt im Reichsverkehrsministerium:
                                Ministerialdirektor in der Eisenbahnabteilung des Reichsverkehrsministeriums: 1.12.1941 -
                                Mitglied des Vorstandes der Deutschen-Reichsbahn:
                                Decorations & Awards:
                                Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter: 12. Aug. 1944;

Gerdan
                                Thanks Gerdan!

Gary B
                                ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 370 users online. 0 members and 370 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X