X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Hank

Comment

Graves in Poland

Here are 3x Grave inscriptions I am not able to decipher, if anyone can clarify any of these names it'd be a big help.

I think they could be in Jaslo, Poland but open to correction on that.

Grave A )

Grave B)

Grave C)

I have tried using different cameras/lenses/different days lighting conditions and this is as clear as I can get them unfortunately.

Thanks for checking !

Comment

Originally posted by Mil-Archive View Post
        Here are 3x Grave inscriptions I am not able to decipher, if anyone can clarify any of these names it'd be a big help.

I think they could be in Jaslo, Poland but open to correction on that.

Grave A )
        Looks like Siegfried Hofer or Hafer
        Possibly:
        Nachname:Hofer
        Vorname:Siegfried
        Dienstgrad:Unteroffizier
        Geburtsdatum:07.06.1915
        Geburtsort:Kirchbichl
        Todes-/Vermisstendatum:07.09.1939
        Todes-/Vermisstenort: Korczyna

Grave B)

Joseph Kellner
        No direct hit for a Joseph, but according to the volksbund site, there are 7 Kellners listed who died in '39. IF that's the year we're looking for....

Grave C)
        No idea on that one....
        that's what they look like to me....

best
        Hank
        Last edited by Hank C.; 02-08-2015, 07:29 PM. Reason: more info
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
          that's what they look like to me....

best
          Hank
          Perfect thanks !! I had tried a few different combinations of 'Bofer', 'Hafer' etc into Volkesbund but no joy. It is this guy because Korczyna is 30 k from the rest of the album. Thanks for that - great help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mil-Archive View Post
            Perfect thanks !! I had tried a few different combinations of 'Bofer', 'Hafer' etc into Volkesbund but no joy. It is this guy because Korczyna is 30 k from the rest of the album. Thanks for that - great help.

If you go to the Volksbund website and search for the other guy by last name and year killed (1939) you'll find the 7 names. If you can pin down their locations anywhere within a couple km of your guy, you might reasonably figure out who "Kellner" is.

best
            Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
              If you go to the Volksbund website and search for the other guy by last name and year killed (1939) you'll find the 7 names. If you can pin down their locations anywhere within a couple km of your guy, you might reasonably figure out who "Kellner" is.

best
              Hank
              Thanks for that, I went through the other 7 last night from the home PC, I made a note of the names (Vokesbund let's you extract pdf copies of name info). I think the most likely was Leopold Kellner killed within a day of Siegfried Hofer and re-buried in the same cemetery. Cheers !

Comment

Soldbuch of Baron Alexander von Meyer

Can you please translate the units mentioned on this page? I also would appreciate if someone can read the medals noted here, thanks a lot!
                Attached Files

Comment

trans

He served as a one-year volunteer 1909-1910 in 3. Eskadron I. Uhlanen Regt. 17 becoming an officer in 1913 ending as an Oberleutnant. Awards: RK v. Verdienst Orden II, RK v. Albrechts. Orden, EK II. Eis. Halbmond I Verwundeten Abz. Schwarz. The writer was using some irregular abbreviations.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                    He served as a one-year volunteer 1909-1910 in 3. Eskadron I. Uhlanen Regt. 17 becoming an officer in 1913 ending as an Oberleutnant. Awards: RK v. Verdienst Orden II, RK v. Albrechts. Orden, EK II. Eis. Halbmond I Verwundeten Abz. Schwarz. The writer was using some irregular abbreviations.
                    Much appreciated Pauke!

Comment

I need some help with the writing on the back of this photo.

I cannot read the name on top.
                      Below that i read: "Feldwebel ???, Willi??, ???, Ich".
                      Below that: "Am Verplegungsraum".
                      Below that: "Russland, 8-8-1942".

EDIT: i just added a second photo, with the same unknown name.
                      Looks like Nepaschotau ?
                      Attached Files
                      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

# 7218

In the first line I read read " Nepotschatan"

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
                          I need some help with the writing on the back of this photo.

I cannot read the name on top.
                          Below that i read: "Feldwebel ???, Willi??, looks like "Walter", Ich".
                          Below that: "Am Verpflegungsraum".
                          Below that: "Russland, 8-8-1942".

EDIT: i just added a second photo, with the same unknown name.
                          Looks like Nepaschotau ?
                          best
                          Hank

Comment

Thanks guys
                            I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

help !!
                              many tHnaks! Oriano
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi

I´ve some interesting photos of Fallsch Pi Btl but before showing them in my thread of my fj photo´s I would like to know the text of them

A

Unsere kompanie!
                                Dessau Ein marsch!

B

C

Thank you

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 192 users online. 0 members and 192 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X