Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

# 7101

May be it could be helpful to see more of the handwriting and the context of the entry "Abt. K. ..."

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks Gerdan!
      I did allot of searching on the internet after i posted this town name request.
      I came to Semtizy as well, but had a hard time finding anything about it.
      I finally found the town on an old army map. But the town is not visable on google-maps. It could be that the town ceased to exist?
      This name apeared a few times on the Nahkampftage list of a soldier of GR.423.
      See attached pictures:
      Attached Files
      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

And for #7101, here is a bigger picture of the text.
        Its in a soldbuch that i already have for some years, but i checked into it again.
        On that same date (31-3-1945) this soldier (actualy a Hauptmann named Burmester) became part of Kampfgruppe Borttscheller. Also known as Sperrverband Bortscheller (with one "t").
        This unit was part of the Panzer-Vernichtungs-Kommando from Oberstleutnant Below (also created on 31-3-1945).

What surprises me, is the fact that this Hauptmann didn't had his own (named) Kampfgruppe.

Back to the text. Its on the equipment page (page 6/7) with the date 31-3-1945. So it could be something connected to the units i mentioned above.

Later some items got crossed out and its signed on the right with "Equipment lost due to the enemy, Hauptmann Lubozki". No date.
        But on page 8b (which is glued in) its noted by the same Hauptmann Lubozki that his gasmask and related equipment was lost due to the enemy, now with the date 10-4-1945.
        Attached Files
        I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
        Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
        My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

town

Since #8 Nahkampftag is "south of Lake Ladoga" that must be the area.

Comment

Rick,

In relation to Semtizy - it is shown on a german map with, a date of 1943, as being destroyed at that time. It is spelt as Semmitzy on a russian map and as Zemtitsy on american map. So you may have to try various spelling to find something. The final "y" is often written as an "i" as well. It only seemed to have been a few houses so I doubt if there is anything on it. But the situation maps from some of those dates may be of interest.

Comment

There should have been a railway station (so I see on the map) at Semtizy.

Gerdan

Comment

Hello

CAN you help me for find this job and the place of birth

Thank you very much

Comment

Grave photos

Hi I recently got a bunch of pictures to a KC winner. He appears to have sent a picture of himself to a man who is being buried!

The larger postcard picture is that of Oberfeldwebel Georg Schentke, 9. Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 3 Udet when he was a Flieger, on the reverse he has addressed the card to a Josef Hoffmann and that appears to be the gent being buried in the next photo with Schentke as a pallbearer. That's the basic context, can you eagle eyed gents please help me with the translation of both photos? Thanks!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here are the grave pictures.
                    Attached Files

Comment

# 7111 and # 7112

The place name is Arzfeld

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arzfeld

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks Gersan. Do you have any thoughts on the text of the back of #7111?

Comment

# 7111

I will try it:

Kameradschaft Daluden (?)

2656 = 2 Bilder 1 doppel - schwarz

5672 I a doppel

Josef Hoffmann, Arzfeld

Bahnhofstr. Nr. 1

Gerdan

Comment

Kameradschaft Daleiden:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daleiden

Uwe

Comment

born in Burgstall/Pettau (Slovenia), profession Landarbeiter (farm worker).

Uwe

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                                # 7111

I will try it:

Kameradschaft Daluden (?)

2656 = 2 Bilder 1 doppel - schwarz

5672 I a doppel

Josef Hoffmann, Arzfeld

Bahnhofstr. Nr. 1

Gerdan

Thanks Gerdan, that's strange, are they prices for something? I have never seen that before

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 188 users online. 0 members and 188 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X