• Show
Clear All

# 7088

I think I can add some more parts/words but not all:

"...wurde statt eines Laufreinigungs..."

Gerdan

Comment

Post your "translation needed" here

I recently acquired a cigar box with a knights cross grouping inside but don't know the recipients name.

Its a long shot but on the cigar box lid is something written in pink chalk. It could be "Camarada", the brand of the cigars but why would someone do that as its already printed on the box?

I'm not obviously after a full name but just an opinion. Is the the name of the brand of cigars or is it a partial name... a "Ba..." something?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by bratwurstdimsum; 12-17-2014, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
        # 7088

I think I can add some more parts/words but not all:

"...wurde statt eines Laufreinigungs..."

Gerdan
        Gerdan, do you think maybe:
        "...patrone"? As in, he was cleaning a weapon, and accidentally fired a round?

Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hank

it could be"...patrone"

Gerdan

Comment

Hi

Could someone help me with these names?

Gefreiter Gopfert?
            Gefreiter Gütheil?

Right?

Thanks

Comment

# 7093

I read

Gefr. Göpfert (Goepfert)

Gefr. Gutheil

Gerdan

Comment

No Suggestions?

Originally posted by bratwurstdimsum View Post
                I recently acquired a cigar box with a knights cross grouping inside but don't know the recipients name.

Its a long shot but on the cigar box lid is something written in pink chalk. It could be "Camarada", the brand of the cigars but why would someone do that as its already printed on the box?

I'm not obviously after a full name but just an opinion. Is the the name of the brand of cigars or is it a partial name... a "Ba..." something?

Thanks for any help.

Comment

No Suggestions?
                  Showing the KC-group might help, the combination of specific medals could lead to the holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                    Showing the KC-group might help, the combination of specific medals could lead to the holder.
                    Thanks Gran, there is another thread about this grouping

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=610119

but I didn't want to hijack this translation needed thread for that. All I ask is does anybody think they can read first the few letters chalked onto the box?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                      # 7093

I read

Gefr. Göpfert (Goepfert)

Gefr. Gutheil

Gerdan
                      Many thanks

Comment

Thanks Gran, there is another thread about this grouping

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=610119

but I didn't want to hijack this translation needed thread for that. All I ask is does anybody think they can read first the few letters chalked onto the box?
                        With the info of the linked thread I am afraid I read "Butchek"...

Comment

Haha - I'm sure the second letter is an "a"

Comment

Need some help with this unit:
                            Abteilung K. ???
                            Attached Files
                            I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

And this town/city name:
                              Attached Files
                              I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                              Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                              My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

# 7102

I did not find the town/place called Semtizy but I found a soldien who was KIA in Semtizy (Rußland):

HöDT, Hermann * 28.06.1908 in Riddagshausen Braunschweig, + 30.05.1942 in Semtizy (Rußland)

I also found this:

Semtizy Russland
                                Oblast Nowgorod

and this in the history of the 96. Inf. Div./ I.R. 287:

"27.01.1942

Um 9 Uhr morgens griff der Feind auch Mal.Samoschje an.

Der Pionierzug Müller erhielt den Befehl einen Spähtrupp nach Semtizy zu entsenden mit dem Auftrag, festzustellen, obe dieser Stützpunkt noch bestand. Zweimal pirschte sich die Pioniergruppe des Unteroffiziers schneider durch den Feind. Beim Gefecht wurde der M.G.-Schütze, Gefreiter König, der sich hier besonders auszeichnete, verwundet.

Der Pionierzug beteiligte sich am Entsatzuntenehmen für den Stützpunkt Semtizy und wurde hier bei III./I.R.422 zur Verteidigung eingesetzt.

Bei den schweren Kämpfen bei Semtizy verlor der Pionierzug Müller 9 Tote, darunter den ausgezeichneten Unteroffizier Knaust, sowie 12 Ver- wundete, darunter Leutnant Müller. Am Abend des 01.02.1942 waren noch 4 Pioniere gefechtsfähig. Der tapfere Pionierzug tat buchstäblich bis zum letzten Mann seine Pflicht.

I also found "Semtezy / Volkhov, Russia"
                                Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 106 users online. 0 members and 106 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X