Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mufasa View Post
    the last help Gerdan (for today!) .... always the same soldier ... thanks for your patience! Oriano
    i think it should be, which he can be used as an officer in a supplies and spare parts unit ... correct?

Comment

# 6714

Correct, dear Oriano.

"Eignet sich zur Verwendung als: Hptfw. (Hauptfeldwebel) u.(nd) in der Stelle eines
      Verpflegungsoffz."

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
        # 6714

Correct, dear Oriano.

"Eignet sich zur Verwendung als: Hptfw. (Hauptfeldwebel) u.(nd) in der Stelle eines
        Verpflegungsoffz."

Gerdan
        grazie infinite Gerdan! Oriano

Comment

Can someone translate the text on the back of this WW1 postcard?

Comment

# 6717

Here the German text.

" Meinem treuen und lieben
            Kameraden Moritz Fleck
            gewidmet
            Vizefeldwebel Kohlmann
            3./ Libau
            Heeresgruppe F.-K.-"

Gerdan

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
              # 6717

Here the German text.

" Meinem treuen und lieben
              Kameraden Moritz Fleck
              gewidmet
              Kohlmann
              3./ Libau
              Heeresgruppe F.-K.-"

Gerdan

Gerdan
              Thank you Gerdan. It seems this photo is from a friend of his, Vizefeldwebel Kohlmann? I have several postcards addressed to Feldwebel Moritz Fleck Reichswehr Inf. Reg. 8. Any reason a WW2 soldier would be carrying postcards with post marks from 1923-1933? These were part of a WW2 U.S. soldier bring back. These are the oldest items from that lot. Trying to figure out how the US soldier acquired them. They seem too old to have been carried by a German soldier in WW2 since they are from the Reichswehr era.

Comment

# 6719

Sometimes US soldiers have been quatered in private German homes and there they "found"

a lot of interesting things to take home as souvenirs

Gerdan

Comment

Can someone help me with this letter, i tried but cannot fully read it
                  Attached Files
                  I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                  Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                  My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

help please

Hi
                    Is it at all possible to help with this small annotation from a WW1 Photograph.
                    thank you
                    andy
                    Attached Files

Comment

# 6722

"Aus dem Manöver kehrt zurück
                      der Krieger Schaar - o welches Glück!
                      Die Erste, die sein Aug' erblickt
                      Ist Lene, die drob Post geschickt"

It seems to be a self made poem.

Gerdan

Comment

# 6723

I made a mistake in reading the last line.

" ....Ist Lene, die drob fast erschrickt "

Gerdan

Comment

thanks again for your excellent help
                          regards
                          andy

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Admiraal View Post
                            Can someone help me with this letter, i tried but cannot fully read it
                            A quick summary:
                            The writer is answering for a major (I believe) who can't answer right now.

He hopes the receiver has returned home okay, and he (the receiver) has been awarded the EK2. They didn't know his current address, so they couldn't send the medal right away.

Various people are still with the unit, while others have moved on. A stabsarzt is mentioned, as well as leaders of the 13th & 14th company. One has been awarded the EK1. Another was wounded & is in the lazarett, but hopes to return to the unit soon. From the receiver's unit (Pio. Btl) the writer can't say much, other than most of the men/troops who were trained by the receiver are no longer there.

The writer hopes these lines please the receiver, and best wishes from all are sent.

best
                            Hank
                            Last edited by Hank C.; 08-06-2014, 07:23 PM. Reason: more info
                            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
                              A quick summary:
                              The writer is answering for a major (I believe) who can't answer right now.

He hopes the receiver has returned home okay, and he (the receiver) has been awarded the EK2. They didn't know his current address, so they couldn't send the medal right away.

Various people are still with the unit, while others have moved on. A stabsarzt is mentioned, as well as leaders of the 13th & 14th company. One has been awarded the EK1. Another was wounded & is in the lazarett, but hopes to return to the unit soon. From the receiver's unit (Pio. Btl) the writer can't say much, other than most of the men/troops who were trained by the receiver are no longer there.

The writer hopes these lines please the receiver, and best wishes from all are sent.

best
                              Hank
                              Thanks Hank!

I know its allot of writing, but can someone read it and type all the exact words down? (in German).
                              So i can use the text.
                              I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                              Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                              My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Would love to have the box in my profile picture translated, but am new to this forum and it won't let me post a pic here. My Grandpa brought the box home from Japan when he came home from WWII. Is there a waiting period to post pictures? Thanks for any help.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X