• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westenberger

Reverse of Press Photo
    Attached Files

Comment

Photo text

Would it be possible to have a translation of the photo text below please? Many thanks!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
        Reverse of Press Photo
        it describes his gallant leadership and hard resolve as the battalion commander in repulsing a Russian breakthrough attempt. For which he was awarded the RK. At the top it
        mentions a bit about his military career and awards.
        Best
        Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

# 6220

I read

"Ein in unserem Kaff sauer gewordener Panzerwagen. - Im Westen 1940 "

"Kaff" means a small village and "sauer geworden" means that this tank had engine problems.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
            [...]
            Zwieahel, 20. April 1943 "
            The place name is a Polish town.
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novohrad-Volynskyi
            Gerdan
            Wrong,
            it´s just an old polish name for an ukrainian city. At least is this what your link is telling me. Nowaday polish name is "Nowogród Wołyński". Note also the cyrillic letters in the Coat of Arms of this city.

Comment

Need help gents to translate this Himmler letter (to Karl Wolff).
              Any help is greatly apprecited.

Thanks.
              Attached Files

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
              - THE SS TK RING
              - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
              - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
              - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Any suggestions anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                  # 6206

"Geld gab ich zur Wehr - Eisen nahm ich zur Ehr' - Reichsgoldsammlung Dez. 1916 "

Gerdan
                  Sorry that I´ve to correct you again Gerdan, but it´s of course "Gold" nicht "Geld".

Comment

Originally posted by checkit View Post
                    #6213 - From Eastern Europe. Would you believe the closest I could come to guessing is Uzbekistanni? [...]
                    Turkestan it is IMO. At lest there are terms I can recognise which points in this direction.

Comment

Originally posted by XRAYX View Post
                      [...] Any suggestions anyone?
                      Bottom/middle: Kameraden von mir - Weihnachten 42, (...../ Holland) =
                      Friends of mine, christmas 42 (.... / Netherlands)

bottom/right: Unser Abt [-eilungs] kom-[mandeur] Major ......, Weihnachten 42 in ....(Holland) =
                      Our battalion commander Major ...., christmas 42 in .....(Netherlands)

top/middle and top/right: Bilder von der Weihnachtsfeier 42 - ....(Holland)
                      Photos from our Christmas party 42 - .....(Netherlands)

top/left: Unser ... ..... Obltnt. [= Oberleutnant] ....., dahinter unser Spieß. Weihnachten 42, ....( Holland) =
                      Our .....First Lieutenant ...., behind him our company sergeant major. Christmas 42, .....(Netherlands)

Comment

Originally posted by history1 View Post
                        Bottom/middle: Kameraden von mir - Weihnachten 42, (...../ Holland) =
                        Friends of mine, christmas 42 (.... / Netherlands)

bottom/right: Unser Abt [-eilungs] kom-[mandeur] Major ......, Weihnachten 42 in ....(Holland) =
                        Our battalion commander Major ...., christmas 42 in .....(Netherlands)

top/middle and top/right: Bilder von der Weihnachtsfeier 42 - ....(Holland)
                        Photos from our Christmas party 42 - .....(Netherlands)

top/left: Unser ... ..... Obltnt. [= Oberleutnant] ....., dahinter unser Spieß. Weihnachten 42, ....( Holland) =
                        Our .....First Lieutenant ...., behind him our company sergeant major. Christmas 42, .....(Netherlands)
                        Thanks!!

Comment

posted twice sorry

Comment

re translation

Many thanks Gerdan!!

Comment

Hi Guys:

Can anyone read this? I think I can read "Grafenwöhr" and "Dein Jupp" + date, that's pretty much it.

Thanks!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

This is a picture and a letter written by my Great great Grandfather during WWI. I'm wondering if anyone can read and translate the letter? My Oma could read part of it and she said it just says he was coming home for a visit. The letter was addressed to my Great great Grandma. If anyone can help me with the translation, it would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks,

Chris
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 46 users online. 0 members and 46 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X