Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
    # 6156

" Zu Deinem Geburtstage alles Gute und wünsche recht viele gesunde Jahre noch, Dein Kurt ?.."

Gerdan
    Thank you very much Gerdan. Babel fish has given me a strange translation of your text!
    ''To your birthdays all good and quite many wish your Kurt still healthy years''

Could you please translate that for me properly in to English?
    also I think this may be signed by Christian Weber , do you see that is possible?
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
      Thank you very much Gerdan. Babel fish has given me a strange translation of your text!
      ''To your birthdays all good and quite many wish your Kurt still healthy years''

Could you please translate that for me properly in to English?
      also I think this may be signed by Christian Weber , do you see that is possible?
      Jon
      Best wishes, happy birthday, and wishing you many, many healthy years to come.

That's more or less how we'd say it.

best
      Hank
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Please help to read this three writings. Thanks in advance, Alexander

Comment

trans

Der Fuehrer bei der Ansprache zur Besatzung.

Fahrt im Winter Jan. 1937 um Skagen.

Besichtigung Stationschef des Standortes Wesermuende.

Comment

6161:
            Der Fuhrer bei der Ansprache zur Besatzung - The fuhrer addressing the crew

Fahrt im Winter Jan. 1937 um Skagen
            Trip (travels, etc.) winter '37 near Skagen

Besichtigung Nationschef der Standorts Wesermunde
            Sightseeing (viewing) .... the base (at, of) Wesermunde

Not sure about the "nationschef" meaning. Might have a letter wrong there...EDIT: I see Pauke & I were typing same time. Stationschef is the commander of the base.

Hank
            Last edited by Hank C.; 01-26-2014, 03:49 PM. Reason: more info
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

pauke and Hank many thanks!

Comment

Translation help please

Hi, these photos all belong to a member of SS Rgt. Deutchland and were taken in 1940. I am trying to sort a whole lot of these photos by date and location. Thanks

Comment

oops-sorry here is the attachment

backs
                  Attached Files

Comment

Please help to read this text - looks like SS connected.

Thanks in advance,
                    Alexander

Comment

Areilley
                      The two an the Top: Kameradschafts Abend in Breda Holland Normandie (1944)
                      and the one below Übungsfahrt in Walsoe ende Mai 1940 Schule
                      I need for the others better Scans !

Comment

1 and 2: Kameradschaftsabend in Breda (Holland) -im- November 1940.

3: Funk- & Fernsprechbetriebsdienst im Juni 1940. Rindelbach.

4: Kapfenburg bei Aalen. Auf einer Funkübung im August 1940.

5: Ende Mai 1940. Lindau a(m) B(odensee). Jugendherberge.

6: Übungsfahrt in Waldsee Ende Mai 1940. Schule.

Uwe

Comment

Thanks

Thanks everyone

Comment

Originally posted by photo-war View Post
                            Please help to read this text - looks like SS connected.

Thanks in advance,
                            Alexander

SS O,(ber)Stu(rm)f(uehrer) Schmidt N,(urn)berg(? not sure about that) 5 SS Standort Schule Schowernstr(asse). (? - not sure on street name) 33

best
                            Hank
                            Last edited by Hank C.; 01-28-2014, 05:31 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Photo annotation for translation

Gentlemen,

I recently picked up this studio portrait of an unteroffizierschule soldier, and I would be very grateful if someone could translate the annotation on the back of it. I can make out some parts of it (parts of the guy's name, and the fact that he was 'gefallen' in Russia), but there are other parts that I just can't decypher. It would be nice to be able to 'read' all of it, and maybe do some research on the guy.

Many thanks,

Mark
                              Attached Files

Comment

# 6171

It is Nürnberg Scharrerstrasse

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 32 users online. 0 members and 32 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X