No announcement yet.

Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Forum Members! Please help to read and translate these handwritings. These captions are on the photos with Turkistan volunteers.

Best regards,
    Alexander

Comment

help please

Can anyone help with this one please? Is it even German?
      many thanks in advance
      andy
      Attached Files

Comment

# 6010

" Die herzl.(ichsten) Grüße von Helgoland - sendet Erich "

Best regards from Helgoland sends Erich.

Gerdan

Comment

Letter Praising Hitler - Help with Translation

I am posting a few pages of a 10 page letter written in 1938 by a Berliner to her cousin in the US. What starts out as family news quickly becomes a glowing endorsement of Hitler and everything about him.

It looks like she worked 32 years at the Reichsmonopolverwaltung - what is that exactly?

Then from what I can read/understand, she joined the NSDAP in 1931, gives her membership number, devotes much time to discussing the glorious Austrian annexation, etc, all of this, managing to mention Hitler by name like about 20 times - "Ja fur Hitler!".

She also mentions Herman Goering and von Blamburg, although I don't understand the context. And she throws out some numbers, maybe describing the rapid growth of the NSDAP?

Anyway, was wondering if anyone could provide more of the gist of the letter. Is there any hint of Hitler solving racial problems, or is it about his reuniting the German peoples? There is a blurp in it about Bolshevicks in Moscow.

Can post closeups if needed.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

#6012 - b
              Attached Files

Comment

#6012 - C

Also - this is the third photo of a man in a Polar Bear suit that I have seen in a WW2 German photo collection, so maybe someone here can explain the significance of that?
                Attached Files

Comment

# 6015

1) " Liebe Marianne! Auf einem Spaziergang traf ich den Fotografen m.(it) d.(em) Eisbären,
                  welcher hier überall spazieren geht. Ich wollte nicht aufgenommen sein, aber ehe ich mich
                  versah, war es schon geschehen. Der Bär ist ein verkleideter Mensch. Nun sende ich Dir auch
                  davon ein Bildchen. D.(eine) Schw.(ester) Emma "

2) " Gott erhalte ihn uns und der Welt noch lange lange Jahre. Heil Hitler. ! Führer und Rechskanzler
                  heute 47 Jahre alt"

Gerdan

Comment

# 6012

She was working for the "Reichsmonopolverwaltung für Branntwein" in Berlin.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundesm...BCr_Branntwein

Gerdan

Comment

I need some help with the following name.
                      I read it as Albert Jungel or Junget, Junge, Jünge.. ??
                      Attached Files
                      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

#6018 should be Albert Jüngst

regards

Comment

Hello, please for identify this German inscription from +/- 1820. Thank you all..
                          Unfortunately I do not have a better photo :-(

Comment

# 6020

I can only identify a part of the text:

" In d..

Wie die Ewigkeit "

Gerdan

Comment

# 6012

Many thanks, Gerdan!

Comment

Need help with writing on back of U boat photo

Hello..I recently picked up this photo of U 46 commanded by Kl Engelbert Endrass. Photo shows U 46 returning to St. Nazaire after her 14th patrol on 13.6.41. You can see the damage to the turm after the boat was rammed while submerged by the 6,200 ton British tanker Ensis on 15.6.41.

There is writing on the back of the photo. Can anyone help me with translation?

Thanks!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X