Comment

Hello
      Please help with translation - name is most important
      Thanks in advance
      Michael
      Attached Files

Comment

# 5395

" Meinem kl.(einen) Lottchen zur Erinnerung an schöne Urlaubsstunden, von Deinem Heinz. Nov. 43"

Dedicated to my little Lottchen in remembrance of nice holiday hours....

" Meinem lieben Lottchen. Im Frühjar 1944 " To my dear Lottchen (diminuitive of Charlotte ) Your
        Heinz

Gerdan

Comment

Translation Please....Thanks!

Albert Speer Letter

[/URL]

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bunited2 View Post
            Albert Speer Letter

[/URL]

Thanks
            He's arranging a meeting between himself & a woman. Where, when, phone # to be reached at, etc. Apparently she is looking for info on Udet (Ernst, I suppose), which he doesn't have much memory of. But he says sometimes in the course of conversation memories come back.

best
            Hank
            Last edited by Hank C.; 06-12-2013, 11:47 AM. Reason: more info
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

help with surname

Can anyone help with the surname, thanks, Paul
              Attached Files

Comment

# 5399

I read " Unteroffizier Laßmann/Lassmann "

Gerdan

Comment

RE Albert Speer Letter

Thanks much Hank

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                    # 5399

I read " Unteroffizier Laßmann/Lassmann "

Gerdan
                    Many thanks Gerdan

Comment

Hans Baur Letter

I do not need the whole letter translated,
                      but I would like to know of any important
                      parts in it.

[/URL]

Thanks, Brian
                      Last edited by Bunited2; 06-14-2013, 12:06 AM. Reason: Wrong Link

Comment

Would by any chance anybody know what the last word means? I tried to find out myself but could not find anything which would make sense. Many thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by D_Dutch View Post
                          Would by any chance anybody know what the last word means? I tried to find out myself but could not find anything which would make sense. Many thanks in advance!

Well, on Wikipedia.de I found "Putten" used to describe the decorative, childlike angel figures found in many churches - it could be a nod in that direction, as a person who was adored by his family. Just my thoughts.... If you read German: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putte

best
                          Hank
                          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunited2 View Post
                            I do not need the whole letter translated,
                            but I would like to know of any important
                            parts in it.

[/URL]

Thanks, Brian
                            Brian,
                            2 questions:

1. As this is typed, have you tried using an online translation website to figure it out? As things go, we're very happy to help out here...but you have to help yourself first. If you were to ask "I translated most of this, but I don't understand X". Also, if it was handwritten, Sutterlin, etc., okay - not everybody can read this. But to just post something and say "Tell me what's important" is sort of....don't be offended....lazy.

2. How do we know what's important to you? For instance, the first sentence says that Milch was 100% behind Hitler when he took power. I don't know if that's important, or if you already read & understand that, or it doesn't matter.

Help us to help you. Work on it - tell us what you don't get - and then tell us exactly what it is you're hung up on.

all the best
                            Hank
                            Last edited by Hank C.; 06-16-2013, 05:43 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
                              Well, on Wikipedia.de I found "Putten" used to describe the decorative, childlike angel figures found in many churches - it could be a nod in that direction, as a person who was adored by his family. Just my thoughts.... If you read German: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putte

best
                              Hank
                              Many thanks for your help and solving my question!

Comment

Hi
                                I wanted to check a translation and seek a meaning of this phrase from an SS officers card
                                'Trager des wintels der alien garde' which translates as 'Carrier of the alien wintels garde'.The link for the phrase on the card is

http://forum.germandaggers.com/ubbth...108#Post283108

I have tride several seaches but had no luck as yet .Thanks in advance
                                Jon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 29 users online. 0 members and 29 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X