Clear All

# 5047

I read "Iisaku", a town in Estonia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iisaku_Parish

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iisaku

Gerdan

Comment

Afrikakorps postcard translation needed

Hi guys, can anyone help with a translation of this postcard? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Regards,
      John
      Attached Files

Comment

# 5050

" 21.12.41
        Chère Mama,
        Heute erhielt ich nun das Päckchen mit den Socken vom 18.11. mit den Hosenträgern. Endlich, so lange dauerte das!! Desgleichen ging heute das Päckchen mit dem Bezug und den Kerzen ein.
        Herzliche Grüße, sign."

Dear Mama,
        today arrived the parcel with the socks dated 18.11. with the suspenders. Finally, takes a long time.
        As well today arrived the parcel with the (bed)cover and the candles. Kind regards, sig.

Gerdan

Comment

# 5050 + 5051

Addition:

On the side is written " Es ist ratsam, die Päckchen zu nummerieren" - It is advisable numbering the parcels.

Gerdan

Comment

Thank you Gerdan for the translation. Items from home always needed at the front.
            Best Regards,
            John

Comment

Hello Gerdan!

Thanks for the help, has been very helpful. This page refers to the wages of soldiers in peacetime, but did not know what those words meant.
              Many thanks

Best regards.

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
              # 5039

1) B.D.A. - Besoldungs-Dienst-Alter

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Besoldungsdienstalter - for me difficult to translate - seniority - always deeling with the renumeration/payment of the soldier.

Bes.G. Stufe - Besoldungs Gruppe Stufe - level of renumeration step

Zuständiger Betrag ohne Abzug der Steuern - competent amount, without deduction of taxes

Familienzahlung monatlicher Betrag - monthly payment for the family (monthly amount)

Ständige Familien Zahlungsstelle - permanent office responsable for the paymen for the family

Bescheinigung der Gruppe Verwaltung - certificate of the administration group

As you can see I have some problems in translating these special words. I think Hank may be in a better situation to translate the text.

Gerdan

Comment

Letter from Russia December 1941

I don't know much German, but I think this must be an interesting letter, as it was written in December 1941 in Russia, and mentions 175mm. Can anyone shed more light on it?
                Thanks,
                Paul
                Attached Files

Comment

envelope

envelope and back
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by paul kennedy View Post
                    envelope and back
                    It's very much a "I have a few minutes to write, I hope you're all good, how is it there, it's very cold here" kind of letter.

The 175 (and the 100 shortly thereafter) deals with money he sent home.

best
                    Hank
                    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hi can me help with the translation

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/timoxin-r/view/709782/

Comment

# 5058

" 2. September 44

Sep. S. György die ersten Ungarn. - Gestern nur 15 Km (Kilometer) durch Hochgebirgsmooer gefahren. um 17 Uhr Grenze Rumänien - Ungarn passiert - sehr steile Abfahrt."

Sep.S. the first Hungarians. Yesterday driving only 15 Km across high-mountains . 17 o'clock passed the border Romania- Hungary - very steep descent

Gerdan

Comment

# 5058

" 2. September 44

Sep. S. György die ersten Ungarn. - Gestern nur 15 Km (Kilometer) durch Hochgebirgsmooer gefahren. um 17 Uhr Grenze Rumänien - Ungarn passiert - sehr steile Abfahrt."

Sep.S. the first Hungarians. Yesterday driving only 15 Km across high-mountains . 17 o'clock passed the border Romania- Hungary - very steep descent

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                            # 5058

" 2. September 44

Gerdan
                            Thank you GerdanThumbsup

Comment

Hi,

Is it written Idar II ?
                              What's the stress in Morbach ?

Thanks,
                              Flo'

Comment

# 5062

Morbach - Kr.(eis) Bernkastel
                                Morbach - District of Bernkastel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morbach
                                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernkastel-Wittlich

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 304 users online. 0 members and 304 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X