No announcement yet.

Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

„Ub. Zusatzlehrgang v.“ – I think the last letter is a „v“ with a point, but I´m not really sure …

- Reino

Comment

Sure, the picture with the battleship „Schleswig-Holstein“ was taken on the Kaiser-Wilhelm-Kanal (now: Nord-Ostsee-Kanal) in Germany. But it isn´t the “Hollentauer Hochbruecke” as written – it is the “Levensauer Hochbruecke”!
      See here:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levensau_High_Bridge
      Many postcard photos with other battleships were taken there also.
      Here you can see some old pictures of the only 1.8 Miles away “Prinz-Heinrich-Bruecke”, the so called “Hollentauer Hochbruecke” (demolished in 1992):
      http://www.holtenau-info.de/history/...ch-bruecke.htm

At the end of this photo is written „La Guaira”
      This is a city in Venezuela with a big international harbour. The battleship “Schleswig-Holstein” was there at a journey in January 15th/16th 1939
      So I think the writer – I read his name as “Jochen”, but I´m not sure) – send this photo home to Annemarie from this place.

- Reino

Comment

Thanks guys, most appreciated.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by reino View Post
          … or „Kradfahrer“ = motorcyclist

I think the listed clothes here are especially for motorbikers than for a car or truck driver.
          Isn´t it so, Gerdan?

- Reino
          Many thanks guys for all the answers. "Kf." could be "Kanonier Flieger" (Gunner flyer) because it is equipment the Luftwaffe?
          Another question that comes to me are the abbreviations F.T. regarding Flieger-Kopfhaube. What do it mean the abbreviations?

Comment

Without Earphones

Just googling ... but found this:

source
            so I'm "guessing" the o. F.T. means ohne Funker [or Flieger?] Telephon Gerät. Or whatever the real German word for earphones is.

--Guy

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
              Is it possible to enlarge the detail of the coat-of-arms displayed on the bow as well as the possible name of the ship on the dark strip directly below the tall mast (at deck level)?
              I will make Friday what better detail pictures for you.

Comment

Hi guys, i dont speak a word of german, sometimes i get by with babelfish and google translate, but i'm having a hard time trying to make out anything on this wehrpass entry... Any help would be appreciated!

Comment

trans

In brief it's a transfer to another unit after being deloused, gotten a med. check up, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                    In brief it's a transfer to another unit after being deloused, gotten a med. check up, etc.
                    Ahah! Brilliant! Thanks very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Fourquet View Post
                      Many thanks guys for all the answers. "Kf." could be "Kanonier Flieger" (Gunner flyer) because it is equipment the Luftwaffe?

No! “Kf.-Schutzmantel”, “Kf.-Übnerhandschuhe”, “Kf.-Schutzbrille” and “Kf-Überstrümpfe” aren´t equipment for the Luftwaffe.
                      Those are equipment for the „Kf.-Dienst” = “Kraftfahrer-Dienst” or “Kradfahrer-Dienst”
                      But like I said before – and Gerdan agreed – these things here are better for motorcyclist than for car or truck drivers.
                      Why so many secrets, Frank? Why you don´t scan the whole page? Take a look the right hand side of your scan beside the gear. We can see the lower part of the word “Kf.-Dienst” and in front of this the letter of the position “E”.
                      Now it is clear for me: What you show as in small pieces is a part of a “Soldbuch” – the category "Empfangene Dienstbekleidung" (“Received service clothing”). Excerpt: … D. „Fliegersonderbekleidung“ – E. „Kf.-Dienst“ – F. „Fallschirmjägerdienst“ – G. „Gebirgsdienst“ … and so on.
                      Maybe yours is from the Luftwaffe – I don´t know. But your interpretation "Kanonier Flieger" I never hear before. Try google … no results!

- Reino
                      Sorry for my worse English, please.

… and also note: Position G. „Gebirgsdienst“ (see above) is for mountain trooper.

Comment

# 4980

Here the German text:

" Entlassungsverhandlung am 20.1.42 als Kf. (Kraftfahrer) nach Berlin, N 20, Wriezener Strassr. 28

von der Kraftfahr-Park-Ersatz-Kompanie 3, Frankfurt/Oder, gem.(äß) Verf.(ügung) W.(ehr)

B.(ezirks). K.(ommando) Bln. (Berlin) I v.(om) 14.1.42 wg. (wegen) UK-(Untauglich zum

Kriegsdienst)-Stellung und nach ärztlicher Untersuchung, sowie nach Belehrung über Spionage,

Sabotage usw. entlassen, und dem W.B.K. Bln. I überwiesen.

Stamp: Kraftfahr-Park-Ers. Komp. 3, signature".

Can't find that he has been deloused, sorry pauke. I think "Entlassen" - not Entlaust...

Gerdan

Comment

anyone able to read this signature?

its on a Art Linocut of a SS Soldiers head..

Thanks
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello
                            Please help with translation/meaning
                            Regards,
                            Michael
                            Attached Files

Comment

„Kleinbildkamera
                              Leica m. gekuppelten Entfernungsmesser
                              (Lichtstaerke nicht unter 1:3,5)
                              oder
                              Retina II von Kodak
                              (Lichtstaerke 1:2 = Rm 235,-
                              Lichtstaerke 1:2,8 = Rm 185,-)“

The writer noticed something about two photocameras: One from the famous Leica manufacture and the model „Retina II“ from Kodak with different lenses (1:2 – 1:2,8 – 1:3,5).
                              “Rm 235,-“ and “Rm 185,-“ are selling prices. “Rm” = Reichsmark (German currency at this time)

- Reino

Comment

Hi,

with gekuppelt is meant gekoppelt > coupled range finder

http://www.fotointern.ch/wp-uploads/...smesser_fi.jpg

Uwe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 349 users online. 0 members and 349 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X