• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freggel View Post
    Can anybody help me with these please?

Originally posted by Freggel View Post
    Thanks Hank and Gerdan

I hope anybody can also read the river name in first picture
    I don't think the missing word is the name of a river. It looks more like two numbers: 13 /116
    These could mean 13th company of the 116th infantry regiment (FPN 22923). But there are also other possible regiments 116.

In general, it would help a lot for deciphering that kind of almost indecipherable picture descriptions if we, the translators, saw the photos.

Trebes

Comment

This is the photo

Comment

help please

Anyone help with this one please?
        many thanks
        andy
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Trebes View Post
          I don't think the missing word is the name of a river. It looks more like two numbers: 13 /116
          These could mean 13th company of the 116th infantry regiment (FPN 22923). But there are also other possible regiments 116.

In general, it would help a lot for deciphering that kind of almost indecipherable picture descriptions if we, the translators, saw the photos.

Trebes
          I wonder could it be "über die Creuse" = Creuse river in France?

Comment

Originally posted by andya View Post
            Anyone help with this one please?
            many thanks
            andy
            I think it is Olt Pfuderer u. Hptm Stauber Komp. Chef

Comment

Originally posted by cesky67 View Post
              I wonder could it be "über die Creuse" = Creuse river in France?
              Great, cesky67, now the puzzle is complete. It is the river Creuse and it is the 13th company of the IR 116.

Take a look here, where you can find a report about RKT Hans Becker, who was exactly in the 13th company/IR 116 before the war. He crossed (as member of the 2nd company/IR 116, though) the Creuse in a zodiac boat. So it's clear that the 13th company also followed. Becker got his Knight's Cross for his fighting in France.

http://www.389id.de/Personen/Christi...haus/IR116.htm

Im Zuge der Mobilmachung vom 26.08.1939 kommt H. Becker in die 2. Kompanie des Regiments, nachdem er zuvor zur 13. (IG) Kompanie gehörte. Während des Frankreich- Feldzuges zum Führer der Kompanie ernannt, bewährte er sich bei den Abwehrkämpfen im Brückenkopf Amiens, sowie bei weiteren Kämpfen seines Bataillons. Während der schweren Kämpfe um die Ortschaft Remiencourt schwamm Becker als erster, trotz Feindabwehr an das andere Ufer, nachdem der Angriff vor dem Noye- Bach liegen blieb. Auch beim Übergang über die la Creuse befand er sich im ersten Schlauchboot und vernichtete mit dem ersten Stosstrupp feindliche Feuerstellungen. [...] Für seine erfolgreichen Einsätze während der Schlacht um Frankreich erhielt Becker am 28.11.1940 das Ritterkreuz.

Thank you, Freggel, for the photo (after my post yesterday I had found it in another thread).
              So the complete description of your photo is:
              Ãœbergang von
              13/116
              über die
              Creuse

Trebes

Comment

Meaning of - 3 38 B.A.Fu. ?

Can anyone decipher the large marking on this belt?
                Attached Files

Comment

# 3130

"Olt. (?) Pfuderer u.(nd) Hauptm.(ann) Stauber, Komp.(anii) Chef"

it could also be "M. Pfuderer"

Gerdan

Comment

Piece of soldbuch

Would be greatful if someone could help with translation of this piece of solbuch (most important the text in the lower left).

Thanks in advance
                    Goran
                    Attached Files

Comment

At first your guy was wounded "Granats Splitter rechter Arm" - shell slinter right forearm
                      After that he has "Hautekzem am linken Unter-Schenkel" - skin eczemas right lower leg

He was hospitalized in the following military hospitals:

Reserve Lazarett VI Leipzig
                      Teillazarett Oppeln Rich(ard)-Wagner-Schule
                      Reserve Lazarett VIII Leipzig
                      Teillazarett Klingersch(ule) ? L(eipzig) ?
                      Reserve Lazarett VIII Leipzig - Berufsschule West

Some of the military hospital have been located in schools.

Gerdan

Comment

Gerdan! You're slipping!
                        Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                        ...edit...
                        After that he has "Hautekzem am linken Unter-Schenkel" - skin eczemas right lower leg
                        Is it left or right?

best
                        Hank
                        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hank

thanks for the correction,

the slinter is is the "right" arm and the eczemmas are on the "left" lower leg. Sorry Hank. Always good to have a control.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                            At first your guy was wounded "Granats Splitter rechter Arm" - shell slinter right forearm

He was hospitalized in the following military hospitals:

Reserve Lazarett VI Leipzig
                            Teillazarett Oppeln Rich(ard)-Wagner-Schule
                            Reserve Lazarett VIII Leipzig
                            Teillazarett Klingersch(ule) ? L(eipzig) ?
                            Reserve Lazarett VIII Leipzig - Berufsschule West

Some of the military hospital have been located in schools.

Gerdan
                            Thanks a lot Gerdan and Hank for correction
                            Much appreciated!
                            //Goran

Comment

Can anyone read this:

Falkenburg in Belgien! (that has to be the Netherlands because the picture was taken in Valkenburg, Limburg). And I can't read the rest except the soldiers name: Edwin..Many thanks in advance!

Comment

trans

"Eine Grot(t)e als Kirche ausgebaut" is what I read. A grotto expanded into a church.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X