No announcement yet.

Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the help Hank with the stamp.

Any ideas about the other entry (picture below)? Is it a MP38 entry?

Thanks,
    Swayne
    Attached Files

Comment

I would read "GM 38" - Gasmaske, Size III ??

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks for the information Gerdan!

Thanks,
        Swayne

Comment

Lt. Martin, yes thats a gasmask for sure, after that the size and then the number.
          This is also the number that is (many times) written on the cannister/mask itself.
          Never seen a number that long though.

I need some help again.. yes i´m keeping you guys busy
          I can read part of it.. but not everything

Attached Files
          I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
          Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
          My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Trebes View Post
            Kdr. (= Kommandeur) G.R. 170

I'd agree with the rest.
            Trebes
            Thanks Trebes (and Gerdan)!
            The Kdr. part is true, the name matches up with wartime records:

Führer of Grenadier-Regiment 170:

Oberstleutnant Hofmann
            Oktober 1944 - 05.02.1945
            Gefallen bei Sartowitz/Andreashof
            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

# 2481

I will try it again:

A) Heinz Salinus in Monastaritschka(?) am Quartier, April 1944

B) Im Kessel im April 1944: Heinz Salinus, Franz Harnischmacher, August Bindseil

C) Mit Quartierleuten in Monastazitrekka (?) : Fredi Wenze, Heinz Salinus,, April 1944

D) Häuschen am Schilderhaus in Rethew(?), Juli 1944

E) ?? Spähposten, Karelien, Dez. 42

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                # 2481

Gerdan
                "Auf" Spähposten, I believe.

Hank
                Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

# 2481

I will try it again:

A) Heinz Salinus in Monastaritschka(?) am Quartier, April 1944

B) Im Kessel im April 1944: Heinz Salinus, Franz Harnischmacher, August Bindseil

C) Mit Quartierleuten in Monastazitrekka (?) : Fredi Wenze, Heinz Salinus,, April 1944

D) Häuschen am Schilderhaus in Rethew(?), Juli 1944

Gerdan
                  Thanks

Pfew, its gonna be hard to find "Monastazitrekka" / "Monastaritschka".
                  (first 4 photos are from the same lot) i know 2 kessel´s in april 1944.. Kowel and Hube kessel...

EDIT:
                  After searching.. i think its probably around the Hube Kessel (Kamenets-Podolsky Kessel).
                  And i think the soldier wrote the Russian/Ukraine name of the town, not the German.
                  For example: malozalissia = Малозалесье in Russian/Ukraine... You can read the "Мало" part as "Mano" but it should be "Malo".
                  Last edited by Admiraal; 03-16-2011, 11:34 AM.

Comment

It is always and still today a problem to write down the Russian / Cyrillic writing in our language for persons who are not trained in doing such work.

Gerdan

Comment

Hi all,

One more came today:

As always, assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Darren

Comment

It is always and still today a problem to write down the Russian / Cyrillic writing in our language for persons who are not trained in doing such work.

Gerdan
                        I still havn´t found the right town
                        I hope i will! i bought those photo´s specificly because they were made in a 1944 Kessel

Comment

# 2481
                          On either backside I read "Monastazitschka". Some soldiers used to write down the place names by ear. Thus it is hard to find the places now.

I'd like to suggest Monasterzyska (also Monasterzhyska, Monastezhiska, Monastyriska, Monastyrys’ka) at 49°05' N 25°10' E, which matches with the Hube Kessel in April 1944.

The other place seems to be Rethem in Lower Saxony, Germany. The diminutive "Hänschen" suggests that this was a photo from home.

Trebes

Comment

# 2487
                            Abgeschossener russ. Pan-
                            zer im Raum Tarno-
                            pol-Kremenez. Juli 41

Shot Russian tank in the Tarnopol-Kremenez area, july 1941

Trebes

Comment

Thanks Trebes!
                              I´ll look into it. I´ll check my books this weekend

Comment

# 2492

1) "Einer vom Korpsnachschub" - One (guy) from the Korps ordnance/supply

2) " .. (?) Abend" - ?.. evening

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X