Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

# 2217

The word I could not read must be the name of a Rusian aircraft.

Gerdan

Comment

So this page was added to my Luftwaffe Flak soldbuch.

When I translated it on google translate, it didnt make much sense. This is what google translate said it was:

Special Command Air Forces Commander Centre Fuhr.
      Abt.Az.23 Nr.6314/43 (op 2) v.1.9.1943:

"It is repeatedly pointed out that ail services is forbidden to carry on the Flakeinheiten(e) Operations personnel or material, whether they are indifferent to taxes orcommanding changes.

Such interventions endanger the rapid march to the willingness and readiness of theunits that form the mobile reserve of the higher Leadership ".

Location, the

What is this pages' translation? What does it mean
      Attached Files

Comment

The sense of the entry is that German Luftwaffe HQ Mitte ggave this special order tha no command/agency or department is allowed to ask for personal or material resources from Flak units.

It seems that often other units came to Flak units and deprivated them with soldiers or other things (may be cars or fuel)

This was strikctly forbidden by this order.

Gerdan

Comment

Hello guys,

I'd like to translate the back of a portrait, it's wrote in sütterlin, so I don't understand anything but "July 1944"

Thanks in advance,

Doc

Comment

That makes sense Gerdan, thanks for the info.

Thanks,
            Swayne

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_panzerjager View Post
              Hello guys,

I'd like to translate the back of a portrait, it's wrote in sütterlin, so I don't understand anything but "July 1944"

Thanks in advance,

Doc
              Zum ewigen Andenken an .... Sohe(??) und sowie Dir.

For everlasting (eternal) memories of .... .... and likewise you.

July 1944

The missing word(s) may be the city or area. I can't quite make it out.
              best
              Hank
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

I read

"Zum ewigen Andenken an Euren Sohn..." - ....of your son..

Gerdan

Comment

# 2225

I forgot: the signature is "Günther"

eGrdan

Comment

Can anyone please help me with this translation? It is a partly completed letter that was in a Soldbuch belonging to a signaller in the Kurland , written a few weeks before the end of the war. He went into Russian captivity and died in captivity on 1 Jan1946. Many thanx . Jacques
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here the German text of the letter:

" 19.4.45

Liebe Mutter!

Ich weiß nicht ob Dich dieser Brief noch erreichen wird. Aber ich hoffe es. Es ist schon schwer, sich in dieser Zeit Briefe zu schreiben, denn was soll man sich einander zum Trost sagen. Der Amerikaner ...bei Uelzen, neulich hörte ich etwas ...wie zwischen Dönitz und Tangermünde. Soeben erfahre ich auch noch vom Kämpfen bei Lüneburg. Der Himmel nehme Euch in seinen Schutz".

Gerdan

Comment

Jacques, now I will ty a rough translation:

My dear mothher, I don't know if this letter will reach you, but I hope so. It is difficult in those days to write letters because what could one write each other to convey comfort. The Americans .. near Uelzen (place name), recently I heard between Dönitz (place name) and Tangermünde. In this very moment I came to know that there is also fighting near Lüneburg. (The) heaven give you cover/ protect you.

Gerdan

Comment

Many thanks Gerdan and Hank!! Too much apreciated!!

Comment

Gerdan, thank you for the translation, it is much appreciated. Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                              # 2217

The word I could not read must be the name of a Rusian aircraft.

Gerdan

that aircraft is a Polikarpov. the germans nicknamed this "die Ratte" i think. Can't see "Ratte" there, but I think you're right in that the missing word is likely a nickname for the Polikarpov. There were several.

Comment

Originally posted by tempelhof View Post
                                that aircraft is a Polikarpov. the germans nicknamed this "die Ratte" i think. Can't see "Ratte" there, but I think you're right in that the missing word is likely a nickname for the Polikarpov. There were several.

this is I-16 fighter plane and it was nicknamed as 'Rata' during the Civil war in Spain. In Russia it has a nickname 'Ishaq' (Esel).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 56 users online. 0 members and 56 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X