Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldtrcollector View Post
    Apparantly I was wrong. I guess the man with the beard IS Günther Prien. Attached is another foto, also of Prien. I also scanned the writing on the back. I can make out "Prien" and (U) 47 - (his ship) Can you make out the name of the other man - the one behind Prien? Prien appears in the foreground?
    The back only says "Kptlt. [= Kapitänleutant] Prien 47", no name for the other man is given. Perhaps it's Dr. Frank again? (By the way, did you see my info on Frank in post # 2033?)

Comment

Looking for some help with reading/translation of this handwriting. Thanks in advance for looking and assistance!

Comment

Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
        The back only says "Kptlt. [= Kapitänleutant] Prien 47", no name for the other man is given. Perhaps it's Dr. Frank again? (By the way, did you see my info on Frank in post # 2033?)
        I would have NEVER have guessed that writing said "Kapitänleutnant" ! No, I didn't read your thread on Dr. Frank, but I will. Vielen dank für ihre hilfe!

Comment

Another Prien photo?

I haven't a clue what this says. I hope you can figure it out. I have, of course, manipulated the image . It was so faint, you could barely read it. So it says "Prien" and (U) 47 below. That's all I can read. Thanks in advance for any help. Sie männer erledigen gute arbeit! Danke Schön!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by oldtrcollector; 01-11-2011, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtrcollector View Post
            I haven't a clue what this says. I hope you can figure it out. I have, of course, manipulated the image . It was so faint, you could barely read it. So it says "Prien" and (U) 47 below. That's all I can read. Thanks in advance for any help. Sie männer erledigen gute arbeit! Danke Schön!
            I believe the first word is his rank, and the second part reads "Letzte Ausfahrt"

Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

# 2055

"Am Rhein b(ei) Leverkusen I.G. Farbenwerke "Bayer"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leverkusen

Gerdan

Comment

# 2053

"Ausbildung im Fähren- und Brückenbau bei Pi. LehrBtl. Rosenheim

Gasschutz, K-Säge (Ketten-Säge), Schneidbrenner,

Sperr- und Sprengdienst"

Gerdan

Comment

# 2053

I forgot one entry:

M.S. Gerät, Nahkampf, Stoßtrupp

Do you need a translation?

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                    # 2053

I forgot one entry:

M.S. Gerät, Nahkampf, Stoßtrupp

Do you need a translation?

Gerdan
                    Many thanks Gerdan, will translate myself, cant have you doing everything

Cheers
                    Ian

Comment

Translation help

I would appreciate any help in translating the sutterlin script on the back of this photo. Thank you!!!

Best regards,

Tom
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GOTZVONB View Post
                        I would appreciate any help in translating the sutterlin script on the back of this photo. Thank you!!!

Best regards,

Tom
                        Nach der Schlacht bei Lohaf(?) die 3 besten M.G. Schutzen haben den angriff von Norden(?) aufgehalten.
                        best
                        Hank
                        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

The so called "Schlacht um Lohhof" took place in April 1945:

An einem Samstag/Sonntag wurde vor 62 Jahren die Orte Unterschleißheim und Oberschleißheim kampflos den heranrückenden Einheiten der amerikanischen 45. Infantry Division übergeben. 2007 werden die geschichtlichen Ereignisse erlebbar gemacht.

Die historischen Szenen spielen sich vor dem Hintergrund der "Schlacht um Lohhof", einer der letzten Kämpfe vor der Einnahme der "Hauptstadt der Bewegung - München". Von den Anhöhen um Innhausen, am Maisteig, wurde das Gelände im Dachauer Moos aufgeklärt.

http://www.bayerische-flugzeug-histo...egsende_1.html

"Lohhof" is a village near München:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lohhof

Gerdan

Comment

Hi Gerdan, another wehrpass with special training, cant really read any of it, could you help please

Cheers
                            Ian
                            Attached Files

Comment

These two pages are from the same book as above could you help me with these as well please.

Cheers
                              Ian
                              Attached Files

Comment

# 2067

1) "Gemäß H.V.Bl. (Heeres Verordnungs Blatt) Teil B, Ziffer Nr. 238 einmalige

Bekleidungsentschädigung in Höhe von Reichs Mark 175,-- (i.(n) W.(orten):

Reichsmark Einhundertfünfundsiebzig) am 15. November 1943 ausgezahlt

sign. - the soldier received 175 Rechsmark for clothing as a singular allowance.

"18.11.42 Reifezeugnis der H.T.L. Wünsdorf - Berlin, Abschluß II" - high-school graduation
                                certificate

Wünsdorf is a district of Berlin.. H.T.L. could mean "Höhere Technische
                                Lehranstalt" - High school

2) 19.6.41 Steckschüsse in der rechten Lunge und der rechten Rippenseite und rechter

Oberarm - retained missiles , right lung, right part of the fins , right upper arm

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 355 users online. 0 members and 355 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X