Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

# 1673

I have some problems because the scan is not so clear.

In general the pages gives some entries dealing with equipment and clothing given to the soldier.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Martin View Post
      Any Ideas? I know that I have been asking a lot of you guys, but I physically cannot read writing such as that of page 8.

Thanks, Swayne
      That you have a question, is OK, everybody has questions.
      You ask us to translate the whole Soldbuch from first page until last page.

In that case, wouldn't you first start buying a book about Wehrpasses/Soldbücher? Or a book to learn German?

..Instead of buying a pretty expensive Soldbuch with Nahkampfspange entry?

Comment

Just to clarify something:

The ONLY pages that I needed help on were/are pages: 21-22, 8, 12-13, and the photo. Not the entire soldbuch!

I am not angry, but I am frustrated that you think I asked you guys to translate ALL of the soldbuch, which I did not.
        I only asked questions about writting or entries that I didnt know what it meant. The only really obvious question I had was what Kdr. stands for.

I want you guys to know that I appreciate your help. I hope that you guys remember that I have been collecting documents for 6 months. Many of you have been doing it for many years.

Thanks,
        Swayne Martin

Comment

help please

Hi to all

anyone able to help with the translation of these please?
          many thanks
          andy
          Attached Files

Comment

Could someone probably tell me what this entry should be?
            Since I can not find any information regarding the unit I think it is, I would like to hear what you think:

Thanks in advance!

Comment

In WW1 there was a Reiter-Regiment Cleinow (Kavallerie-Regiment 86), May in in WW2 in honour of him a Btl. was named ?

Gerdan

Comment

# 1679

1) Blut(??) auf die selbsthergestellte Bühne am 9.11.42 - following a Russian/Polish ? place name

2) Brunnenkommando

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks again Gerdan

regards

andy

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                    In WW1 there was a Reiter-Regiment Cleinow (Kavallerie-Regiment 86), May in in WW2 in honour of him a Btl. was named ?

Gerdan

Thanks Gerdan!
                    About the name, I had the same thoughts.
                    About the Bataillon, I do not have any information yet, I am trying to research.

Thanks again, Gerdan!

Comment

Always around a Soldbuch a Nco of the Flak 361 Reg. surrendered in Italy, trying to understand why he was transferred after the surrender in Egypt and not in Rimini, and why he was detained as many as 3 years in prison. I found this species in its memorandum Soldbuch. Excluding the final part after the catch I can not usual to translate the first part ....

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

.. and his (J think) last letter from Egypt in 1948...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

# 1685

In the first part of this memorandum the writer explains his curriculum vitae.
                          In the second part his givss a listing of his military career.

Gerdan

Comment

# 1686

letter from 12 August 1948

1) This is a short letter from Egypt to inform his wife(?) that the train will bring him to the ship which will start 14 Apri 1948 back home. So he can see again his "girl " and their child Ursel. He thanks her for her letter # 19. He remembers his parents. In love and I miss you.

2) In the first part he thanks his mother for her letter. Soon he can thank her personally and embrace her. He remembers his father , best wishe...

In the 2nd part he writes to his daughter Ursel to indicate her that her father will be back again very soon. Regards, kisses...

Gerdan

Comment

a special thank Gerdan... mille grazie Gerdan!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                                # 1685

In the first part of this memorandum the writer explains his curriculum vitae.
                                In the second part his givss a listing of his military career.

Gerdan

J take advantage of your patience Gerdan: if I understand that he was in the NSDAP since 1938, and in the last lines of a military career (above Forli 3-5-45) says that het was a driver... correct?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 33 users online. 0 members and 33 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X