Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

translations

Luitpold arena

Our leaders after a wild snowball fight.

your thankful brother Au....

In memory of my service time.

your Heinz

Comment

Originally posted by Chris D. View Post
      Rick, Im going to tackle this, but this is a tough one!
      Thanks! if you need better scans, let me know
      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

# 17

1). Sp Konto auf gemeinsames Kto - deposite account to shared account
        ....... H + EW

# 18
        Marsch zur Luipoldarena - marching to the LuitpoldarenaLuitpoldarena

Hall of Honour in the LuitpoldhainAfter 1933 the parkway of the Luitpoldhain (literally translated: Luitpold grove) was replaced by a strictly structured deployment area, the so called Luitpoldarena, with an area of 84,000 m². Opposite the Ehrenhalle (Hall of Honour) was the crescent shaped "Haupttribüne" or main grandstand which measured 500 feet long with 20 foot gold eagles on each end. The structure which was built by architect Albert Speer could seat 500 dignataries and represented the first permanent structure built by the Nazis in Nuremberg.

The Ehrenhalle built German architect by Fritz Mayer, the structure featured a cobbled stone terrace and was complimented by two rows of torch pillars, known as, "Feuer Buhnes" All fourteen pylons remain virtually intact and haven't been ignited since the final Nazi party rally in September, 1938. During the Third Reich the Nazis used the site as primarily a commemoration for the dead of the Hitlerputsch (Beer Hall Putsch) of 1923 took place. Today, the memorial honors of the fall German soldiers of the 1st and 2nd world wars. The Ehrenhalle, Tribune and Small Congress Hall were all connected by a wide granite path.

In this area during the party rallies deployments of the SA and the SS with up to 150,000 people took place here. The central "relic" here was the "Blutfahne" (Blood flag), which was allegedly carried by the Beer Hall Putsch rebels and was soaked with the blood of one of them. At the Blutfahnenweihe (Blood flag consecration) new Standarten (flags) of SA- and SS-units were "consecrated" by touching their guidons with the Blutfahne.

Gerdan

Comment

5000 captured Frenchmen and Marroccan

Gerdan

Comment

Wow, nice picture mousey

Comment

I just wanted to take a second to say THANK YOU to Chris D. for all the help he has given me with tranlating some letters for me. Jay

Comment

# 27

Max Schott e Szigiorno

7 Sept

Gerdan

Comment

# 31

Meiner tapferen Kameradin Lisbeth Schmitz zur Erinnerung an die gemeinsam verlebte Kampfzeit in Schlebusch und in danbarer erinnerung. Sieg Heil!
                  Heini Thiely (?)
                  Lenzing (?) 1934

To my brave companion Lisbeth Schmitz to remember the shared time (Kampfzeit/"fighting time"?) spent together in Schlebuch ( area near Leverkusen) in grateful remembrance.
                  Sieg Heil

Heini Thiely (?)
                  Lenzing 1934

Gerdan

Comment

Lenzing could be an Austrian town not far away west from Salzburg

Gerdan

Comment

Rifle Cleaning Time - Need a translation please

Here's a photo I could use a little help on:

Comment

And here's the back:

Comment

Beim gewehr reinigen

Gun cleaning

Comment

On a side note, are those m95 steyr mannlichers?

Comment

Can this translation be corrected? It doesn't make sense to me.....

Thank you,
                              _________
                              Robert

"Dear Inge!
                              The Russian was unfriendly and this morning he placed 30 heavy suitcases in front of our door. How are you?
                              Best regards, your Dad."
                              Attached Files

Comment

translation

Sounds like a cute way of saying 30 shells or bombs hit around us--- not to make life sound so bad to those back home.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X