X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again partisans next village

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
      IMO they play big man and make fun of them, typical "postwar heroes", the type of guys that shaved the "nazi brides" heads when the nazis were gone.

Great pics, thanks a lot, Petr!

Cheers

Fritz
      I would do the same,my uncle was in lager in Theresien Stadt as captured man of one local partisan group..He dared to fight Germans in my country...
      Cheers
      Petr.

Comment

Originally posted by Petr View Post
        I would do the same,my uncle was in lager in Theresien Stadt as captured man of one local partisan group..He dared to fight Germans in my country...
        Cheers
        Petr.
        Exactly, but these men didn't fight the german troops during the war...at least not on the picture. There is some type of people I call postwar heroes, it's those guys that didn't do anything during the war against the germans but then when the war was over they felt save and started some actions against prisoners, civilians and so called collaborators.

With that I don't mean those men of résistance or partisans that really fought against the germans during the war. They are much different to head shaving "postwar heroes".

I am glad for your uncle that the germans didn't shoot him, one hears so much about executions of partisans and I think he was really lucky to get away with his life.

Naturally that is a interpretation but when you look at your picture in post 207 I think one can see in the first row that the officer at left is totally pisse* off and would really love to get hold of the tall guy with the hat who appears to be the boss of the squad, the ss officer in the center is quite calm and the men at right appears to be scared.

That picture tells a lot. Thanks again for sharing these great shots.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

I don’t want to fan the flames that could result from these pictures but I have spoken to Czech’s and Germans who were in these areas at the end of the war. None of them speak well of the deeds done by Germans or Czech’s at that time.
          <O</O
          I called one of them today and asked him about the hat’s being turned around on the Germans, he told me that it was done to humiliate them. He also mentioned that many Czechs who collaborated with the Nazis feared for their lives and turned on the Germans in hopes of saving there own lives.
          <O</O
          Many Czech’s were also killed by others in the streets.
          <O</O
          I find that most professional soldiers have a level of respect for their enemies that will never be seen in an undisciplined mob. I unfortunately have seen the pictures of the murdered soldiers and civilians, these pictures are a harsh reflection of events that took place at the end of the war. The dark side of this event was truly horrible and some of it can be found on the internet.
          <O</O
          I watched the U.S. Army signal corps. Film on youtube that was taken in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">Czech Republic </st1:country-region>showing the dead and dying being spit on and laughed at. While it would be unfair to assume that all of the Czech’s pictured were guilty of such acts, I see no heroes when I look at these pictures.
          <O</O
          These pictures are so powerful that I fail to notice even the camouflage uniforms.

Comment

No one of us know a circumstances what happened in that day, if they deserved it or not,what they did or not to local people etc. etc . Useless to solve it now if we do not know the circumstances/ I repaired a bit those two shots/.In every case they had to drink a biers with Czechs not to go into their country to kill/ I do not throw all Germans into one bag/-that is my opinion.

Comment

To this stage a source for these shots are museums and archives in Domazlice,Hronov,Tachov,Policka,Dobruska,Rokycany in Czech.Rep.

Comment

at the demarcation line,source Rokycany state archive

Comment

Captured Germans,May 45,source :Caslav museum

Comment

captured germans,May 45,source Caslav museum

Comment

End of duty ,May 45,source:Caslav museum

Comment

where hided those partisans from 1939 to 1945?

Comment

source: muzeum Dacice

What type of uniform on the right ?

Comment

Hi Petr, it is SA.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Any suggestion who is standartenfuehrer SS?

G.

Comment

Nice!

Panzer wrapper with horse-team-driver-badge (Fahrerabzeichen)

Hardy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X