Comment

Comment

Comment

Last shot from this town..

Comment

Breathtaking.

Comment

They are truely spectacular images.
                      If it was ever possible to find the real story behind them. It would make for a great book!
                      Ian

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                        They are truely spectacular images.
                        If it was ever possible to find the real story behind them. It would make for a great book!
                        Ian
                        Hi Ian,
                        glad you like it! Such cases and storie were hundreds in my country in May 45.
                        This is story of one small town only! You can imagine what was happening at demarcation line Russians/ Americans when each German going from East of Cz towards West of CZ wanted to fall into hands of US Army.This demarcation line is 25km from my house.Old people told me there was a flood of G.soldiers hurriing there by day by night...Unfortunately these events were not snapped/unless something will emerge/.So we can see how rare are these shots I sent to forum..

Comment

petr i really enjoyed the posted pictures, thanks for putting them up.

Comment

Hi!

One of the soldiers is wearing a Skijäger-Badge on his Einheitsfeldmütze.
                            Is the unit known of the soldiers? The 1. Skijägerdivision retreated through the area and was captured by Czech militia and handed over to the Russians.

I am very happy of seeing Leibermuster pics. There are some in US colour footage made by USAAF filmtemas showing Leibermuster pieces, but never in these qualitiy and quantitiy.

Comment

This is incredable!
                              I would like to see high quality prints of these published!
                              Steve

Comment

These are really breath-taking images as a part from my own family was forced to leave by czech commies after the war.

I would really like to know, where these images had been taken. It must have looked liked this. Was it near Usti-nad-labem (Aussig) ?

Absolut unbelievable, these pictures are a rare view in the life of my family. Even if it was not near Aussig, it must have looked the same,
                                my grandmother told me when I was a kid, but I never thought to see pics.

I am really fascinated and can´t look enough at the pics!

Thank you very much for posting - if you have other pics from this series, it would be of greatest interest for me!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X