super LAH panzer grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

super LAH panzer grouping

just back from my 17 hour road trip from the SOS to home and had to post this....
    great group from LAH panzer regt...posted below are the award docs i got...this soldier was reported MIA by the red cross and i have that doc which i will post tomorrow...also came with fathers papers and brother who was a camp guard(not sure of camp yet) who was put on trial after the war for killing russian POW...more to come...for now the awesome award docs...Dietrich signed ek2 and a shoneberger signed wound badge and a shoneberger signed....drum roll please....panzer badge in silver doc...made my show...enjoy...more to follow....
    mike
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

all docs pictured are under plastic...the stamps and sigs are all very bold and fully detailed...just awesome...
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Wowza! Too bad no photos of him, but still great lot!

Nice find Mike!

Comment

Awesome Find !!!, Thanks for showing.

Comment

Very Sweet Indeed!!!

Comment

heres some more pics...my German is terrible but i think i got a few nuggets here...about 100 pieces of paper total..documenting the family history from 1888 when dad was born through ww1 when dad fought in the great war...birth of two sons wife was in red cross etc etc....
                here is a sampling of red cross docs pertaining to Gunter being declared dead i believe, a letter from a comrade in 1990 to the family describing his service in the LAH...looks like he was a crewmember of the company commanders pz lV......a doc to his brother about his trial for killing the russian POW etc etc...any help with translations would be appreciated....
                there is a pile more...i am burnt and will endeavor to find more interesting items tomorrow out of this group...
                mike
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

this is a translation of the below listed document....

The prosecutor is prosecuting Max Hans Peter Sc hmidt<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
                        <o> </o>
                        For<o></o>
                        <o> </o>
                        1. The sommer of 1944.<o></o>
                        With no reason killing of a man, to be precise in concentrationkamp Furstengrube, het shot a Russion prisioner on a provoked attempt to break free and the prisoner died because of the shotwounds.<o></o>
                        2. From 18 januar 1945 until the first days of May 1945.<o></o>
                        With no reasons killing a unknown number of people, because he was the responsible lagerfuhrer of the concentrationcamp-nebenlagers furstengrube, in the evacuation marsch from Schlesien and the mith of Germany to the North of Germany, prisoners who were to sick or to tired to march (walk) were shot by SS man.<o></o>
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Mike Pinkus; 02-27-2008, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Great grouping. From a quick read through, the son was missing, not declared dead. The guy the letter came from knew him, and was providing details on 2 panzers destroyed on such and such day. One through an "optik treffer", which I imagine means through a vision port?

best,
                          Hank

EDIT: Ah, I see he was declared dead in 1958.
                          Last edited by Hank Cummings; 02-24-2008, 08:19 PM. Reason: concurrent posting
                          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Great find!!!!!!

Comment

Very nice group!

LAH Pz.-Rgt. 1 docs don't come around that often and are a rare find!

Especially nice, the Schönberger signatures!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X