Gebirgsjäger combat photo album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gebirgsjäger combat photo album

I found this little treasure amongst a pile of less interesting albums I had bought. It's a small Gebirgsjäger combat album consisting of 64 photos taken in the Ukraine, 1941. One of the graves in the album mentions Obergefreiter Willi Seisenberger, who died 11th of September 1941 in or just north of the Crim area. I think they could have been members of the 1st or 4th Gebirsgjägerdivision. Perhaps some of you with more GJ knowledge than me can give some more information about the album or some of the photos

Here's the album cover, which looks very promising!

Closeup of the GJ emblem glued on the cover. Is it original?

Comment

Two nice portraits in the field.

Comment

Saying goodbye to a comrade at his freshly dug grave.

Comment

This is a real mystery photo to me. It looks like a POW digging up a coffin which had been burried there. What is he digging up, how did he know it was there, and WHY? Any ideas/speculations?

Comment

One of the less known officers' duties.

Comment

This officer attending a climbing game could be a clue for further identification of the album. Note the reversed Edelweiss on his cap.

Comment

Fresh EK2's. Two of the men are wearing some type of lighter jacket.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's the bible or some kind of dictionnary, but this officer sure got the crowd's attention.

Comment

Treating some kind of infection which looks quite nasty in closeup. At least he can still laugh in the second pic.

Comment

Foreign axis troops, could be Romanian perhaps?

Comment

More new EK2's.

Comment

Plundering a Russian convoy, and some more photos probably taken in autumn 1941.

Comment

And last, rare photo of five killed Gebirgsjäger waiting to be burried. The last burrial of the album, but many more had to follow.

Hope you liked the album, and any additional information/comments would be very appreciated

Comment

Very nice
                              I am sure that the rest of the album is better.
                              May I have your permit to keep the pictures?
                              And why is the NCO on posting 8 not wearing collar tabs?Was thic common?
                              What a lovely pictures
                              Ace

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X