No announcement yet.

Some New US GI photo pickup's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another that has written on back "taken at Dnupt before crossing the Rhine river"
    Attached Files

Comment

Mike,

Hell no!! I don't mind at all....thanks for sharing your pics...I like the quad fifty.

Comment

Thanks Bill! These all came from the same soldier and what I think is interesting is I think they may be Bulge related. This one is dated 12-15-44. The day before the German offensive.

Comment

this one is dated 1-44 and was taken in Vith. I tried to do a mapquest search for a town of Vith in belgium, Germany. Etc. no luck so I wonder if it was ST. Vith

Comment

Bill here are a couple more from this same lot. The seller has broken them down in 6 photo lots. so I am trying to get them all.

Once again dated 12-15-44 and I am not sure what type of tracked vehicle we have here.

Mike

Comment

another one dates jan. 45 and taken in Vith, where ever that is.

The neat thing is the AFV under camo netting in the background.

Mike

Comment

Neat photos Mike,

thanks for sharing. Pic #125 and 126 show an M4 High speed tractor, the first the front end, the second the rear, so the unit was probably equipped with 90mm AA guns.

Cheers,

Jens O.

Comment

Thanks Jens for the information I have had help with the unit from some great guys on the US forum. These photos belonged to a fellow in the 9th army 132 AAA batt. So your help fits in nicely.

Mike
                  Originally posted by jmehner View Post
                  Neat photos Mike,

thanks for sharing. Pic #125 and 126 show an M4 High speed tractor, the first the front end, the second the rear, so the unit was probably equipped with 90mm AA guns.

Cheers,

Jens O.

Comment

Awesome pictures guys thanks for sharing

@ W Petz, Which fleamarket in Utecht did you go to? The Jaarbeurs?

Sebas

Comment

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
                      taken in Vith, where ever that is.

Mike
                      Mike, I guess that would be St.Vith in Belgium.

Regards - Andrew

Comment

Hello Sebas!!

Originally posted by sturmman View Post
                        Awesome pictures guys thanks for sharing

@ W Petz, Which fleamarket in Utecht did you go to? The Jaarbeurs?

Sebas
                        Attached Files

Comment

Is the Jaarbeurs a good flea market?
                          Attached Files

Comment

You are not going to tell me you found that 28th stuff in the Veemarkthallen did you

I am always going to the Veemarkthallen (its 15min driving). But did not go the last time.
                            No, the Jaarbeurs is very expensive and a lot of comercial new stuff.

Sebas

Comment

Hello Sebas,

No I didn't find these items in Holland. I saw that you collected 28th ID items and posted them since I had them within arms reach. I just recently picked up a small 28th ID scrapbook and they were in the scrapbook. There was also a request from the 28th Vet to replace medals he had lost plus various postcards but unfortunately no photos. So you live close to Utrecht. I'm trying to locate the Kaserne where the Hermann Goring Panzer Replacement unit was located in Utrecht. Do you have any information as to where they were located...any information would be much appreciated and maybe sometime we can meet up at the veemarkthallen. Best regards - Bill

Originally posted by sturmman View Post
                              You are not going to tell me you found that 28th stuff in the Veemarkthallen did you

I am always going to the Veemarkthallen (its 15min driving). But did not go the last time.
                              No, the Jaarbeurs is very expensive and a lot of comercial new stuff.

Sebas

Comment

I have several boxes of Portrait Negatives of GI's taken at the end of the war in a small photo shop in Schwetzingen, Germany. Thousands of Negatives mostly of Wehrmacht members recently surfaced out of storage in a attic above the old shop. The business continued to thrive during and after the war but then the family died out and these negatives were put up for sale. My friend and fellow forum member tried to buy them all but many of the non-military went to well known German Magazine.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X