Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Bill, all of your pictures are awesome, thank you for sharing with us!! The pictures of the Skoda factory, the villages and of the snowed fields of the Ardennes are terrific!!
      When you go home
      Tell them for us and say
      For your tomorrow
      We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
      Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Well Thank you Kindly Sir!! I was at one point going to stop posting my pics because I caught one person selling one of my images on Ebay.....but I changed my mind because I feel it is much more important to share the images on this forum. Bill

Originally posted by WalterB View Post
        Bill, all of your pictures are awesome, thank you for sharing with us!! The pictures of the Skoda factory, the villages and of the snowed fields of the Ardennes are terrific!!

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
          Well Thank you Kindly Sir!! I was at one point going to stop posting my pics because I caught one person selling one of my images on Ebay.....but I changed my mind because I feel it is much more important to share the images on this forum. Bill
          Thank you for rectifying this decision, kind Sir,

it would be a shame to lose your input and your splendid photos.

And a further thanks for posting these recent shots, shots of medical vehicles (esp. halftracks) are rare and even these not so clear scans help in my modelling efforts.

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to your next posts.

Cheers,

Jens O.

Comment

Jens,

Thank you for your comments! Actually the problem is that the photos not sharp or clear. This is normal in field conditions and depending on how experienced the person possessing the camera....nothing wrong with my scanner. Bill

Originally posted by jmehner View Post
            Thank you for rectifying this decision, kind Sir,

it would be a shame to lose your input and your splendid photos.

And a further thanks for posting these recent shots, shots of medical vehicles (esp. halftracks) are rare and even these not so clear scans help in my modelling efforts.

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to your next posts.

Cheers,

Jens O.

Comment

Oh yes,

forgot the wide variety of possible photo quality and that the GIs often used somewhat inferior cameras as opposed to the Germans- a Brownie and a Leica are vastly different ;-)

Thanks again,

Jens O.

Comment

Jens,

German cameras were very much sought after by the GI's as souvenirs due to the better quality.....My Dad captured a Voitlander (which I still have)....it took him quite awhile to figure the camera out. So it could be a German camera that was used because the water mark on the back of the medic photos is Agfa Lupex. Bill

Originally posted by jmehner View Post
                Oh yes,

forgot the wide variety of possible photo quality and that the GIs often used somewhat inferior cameras as opposed to the Germans- a Brownie and a Leica are vastly different ;-)

Thanks again,

Jens O.

Comment

Here is a new pickup....GI portrait.
                  Attached Files

Comment

some pics taken in eindhoven sept18th 44
                    Attached Files

Comment

jy
                      Attached Files

Comment

ee
                        Attached Files

Comment

bb
                          Attached Files

Comment

eeee
                            Attached Files

Comment

Karlo,

Super pics of the 506th PIR. Here are two GI's on the Siegfried line
                              Attached Files

Comment

Here is a scan of a portrait negative....not a good scan (a friend scanned it for me). I have several hundred. I'm currently searching for a scanner so I can show all the negatives on WAF...I have some really nice German Para negs. These came from a friend of mine who bought a huge amount of negatives that surfaced from a closed German photo Studio. These and many thousands of others....German mainly were sitting in the attic where birds were crapping on them. Thank God most were rescued. Most of the negatives are from the Panzer Kaserne, Schwetzingen. It's interesting in that the German photos stop in 1945 and shortly thereafter GI photos appear. This particular negative is of a decorated Infantry Veteran...wearing a cloth CIB and sporting Helmet and Patch of the US Contabulary unit in the Heidelberg/Schwetzingen area of control.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X