Clear All

#388 HG Member
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

HJ parade photo recently got in small HJ photo album. The date seems to be between 1936-40, as there are some of an HJ boy, now in army uniform and dated 1940.
          Also reverse of photo attached...my German rubbish...help please with translation...Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

..reverse.
            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice

Here is the translation:

Dear Jochen!

It's been a long, long time since we were on our travels together - and good it was too! Get in touch, I'd love to hear from you.

Best regards old boy

Erich

Comment

Schmusi...many thanks. I'll try and post some of the other photos, but this one was the best.

Comment

No probs mate. I'm just scanning a few of my photos actually so I'll try and get some up today.

Comment

I like how your photos dispel the myth that all german soldiers were the evil arians we always see in movies. Thanks for sharing them Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by VonLuck View Post
                      I like how your photos dispel the myth that all german soldiers were the evil arians we always see in movies. Thanks for sharing them Bill.
                      IMO those evil ones only exist in Hollywood-films. Of course idiots can be found in every army. So it has always been and so it will remain. IMO.

Very nice collection!

Comment

I would like to say there were evil ones in every Army as well and not just in Hollywood. That of course is not what I want to project. I like to show the images taken through the lens....of the ordinary Soldier..whether they are idiots or scholars it does not matter to me. Bill

Comment

Back to photos....I'm not sure which country these soldiers are from.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Mail call.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Award ceremony
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Gylsen View Post
                                Back to photos....I'm not sure which country these soldiers are from.
                                I would guess they're from Hungary.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 69 users online. 0 members and 69 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X