Recent Photos to share!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mark Mac,

Stauffenberg II of the other forum jolted my memory re Pic #116, #117 and #118 by sending me a totally unrelated pic.

You have two Wehrmacht generals here with a bunch of Bulgarian officers. I am pretty sure the one not in the sheepskin overcoat was Hans Georg Leyser, kmdr of 29 (mot) Div. Not many good pictures of him. But search the other forum for the thread on Leyser/Lindemann and you will see a semi-decent pic I posted.

The sheepskin clad gentleman, by deduction, was his corp kmdr, Erwin Jaenecke, kmdr of IV Corp. This must be just prior to Stalingrad. Jaenecke got out as he switched command. Leyser was not so lucky. He surrendered.

Cheers
    Elwyn

Comment

Plm

Do you think the Luftwaffe General in #115 with the PLM is Muller-Kahle?

Photo below.

Mike
      Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Mike,

It sure does look like him. the awards fit as far as I can see by both photos and the face does resemble him.
        Attached Files

Comment

Elwyn,

I sent you a PM about the Generals photos in 116, 117 and 118.

I think it is certainly plausible.

Although, Jaeneke and von Bock do resemble each other, the sheepskin clad General looks more like von Bock to me...

Gentlemen, I appreciate the help and the discussion!

Comment

Not many photos lately. Money going to a Normandy Camo!

These photos came in over the past month.

First is a picture of some members of Kradschutz Btn 1, 1st Panzer division.
            Attached Files

Comment

Next is a Pzkfw IV with side skirts and camo. The reverse inscription puts the scene in Zhitomir. It is a little hard to see, but members of the crew are on the turret. I cannot read the numbers on the turret. The soldiers on the left appear to be interested in the burnt out car.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Mark Mac; 02-25-2006, 03:15 AM.

Comment

A nice clear photo of a knocked out T 34. No "mortal wound" is visible from this angle, but some damage to the tank is visible.
                Attached Files

Comment

I just thought this photo was interesting. HJ photos seem to be a little expensive, especially band and marching photos.
                  Attached Files

Comment

A couple of photos that came with the General Pfeffer RK photo posted above. Shows members of a Pionier unit and the completion of a bridge named "Gen Pfeffer"
                    Attached Files

Comment

"General Pfeffer Brucke" 2
                      Attached Files

Comment

An officer from the same group, 297th Infantry Division.

I am working on a photo album from the 71st Infantry Rgt. 6th Company (29th Mot. Inf Division). It may be a long shot, but I am trying nonetheless. It would be a great addition to my 71st Rgt. 6 Co. NCO Waffenrock I own! I will certainly post photos from the album if and when it arrives.

If anyone has photos from the 71st Rgt. I would be interested!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Well Gentlemen,

I have been offered a photo album from the 6/71 JR! This is particularly exciting as I have an NCO Waffenrock from this company. It will be a short while before I have it as I have another obligation to complete. I will certainly show some of this!

A few more. I have not had much lately, but these are some really nice photos that I wanted to share. I hope you enjoy!

First is an unknown General with DKiG. Any help? This surely is not Jodl, is it? With DKiG? Jodl also had the EKI spange, not seen here.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Second it s nice photo of an MG 34 crew in defensive position!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Next is a PzKfw IV
                              Last edited by Mark Mac; 11-04-2006, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Final for today is a PzKfw III! Nice photo. Close look at it in person reveals it to be raining. It makes for a gloomy scene.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 79 users online. 0 members and 79 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X