X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From todays trawl
    Attached Files

Comment

All thats missing is parking ticket.......
      Attached Files

Comment

John, I have been thinking a while, but today I have to clearly state: please refrain from posting images from ebay in this forum from today on if it is just to show off.

What makes WA photo/paper very different from other forum is: it is a collector's forum. So real photo collectors are encouraged to post scans of their collections, but not scans that are not in their own collection.

Exception: posting scans that are not in your collection is no problem if it is a research activity - to answer questions and to describe certain theories.
        <o></o>
        Collecting scans is no bad habit. You can do it very cheaply. You can perform certain kind of research effectively. You can help researchers with your scan collections. One of the good ways of image collecting considering today’s inflated range of prices.
        <o></o>
        Nevertheless, WA forum is a real photo collector’s forum. You may exhibit your scans in your web site or other forums (with proper credits) but if you just exhibit and show no research, please do not post here, thank you. Exceptions are, as stated earlier, when you use scans to exhibit some kind of research activity.

By the way, I can’t give respect to scan collectors who don't keep data with scans. When & who gave them scans (I always feel very bad when I see only the names of scan collectors credited in books when I know who really owns the photographs), which ebay auction, which day, who was the seller, who was the buyer...

Comment

Akira,
          Considering you have been thinking a while, you have delivered the
          points you wish to make badly.

I do not like being accused of being a show-off, something that I am as far
          from as you can imagine.. That being stated, I am okay to keep posting?

Even if the last few on the signpost thread have been by me, I can hardly be
          called a volume poster. Prehaps I have been gulity of being too honest, by
          stating my source.
          Prehaps I would have been better using. From the 'John Jones Collection'
          or ' The John Jones Archive'
          Which seems to be excepted from ever other poster, without the need to
          provide a full shot of the picture to prove they own it.
          And with a long winded explanation of how they spent hours researching the
          exact place the photo was taken.

How do you know I collect scans?if you check my PM's you will see I have
          purchased several originals. And own many more in my Vietnam collection,
          which is my main forte. Based on that Logic, anyone who right clicks and
          ' saves as ' is a second rate collector, well I think most collectors with a PC
          had better step forward

Being a reasonable person, I will bow to your wishes And just to show I can
          research a picture. Attached is one of myself near a signpost on the Great
          Orme, this was the mostly northerly point of Wales bombed during the
          Second WW.
          Attached Files

Comment

well here is a new one and I think it was taken in Minsk. There are a few unit emblems and once again the signs for the 605 transport unit. Boy did they get around!

The neat thing is I posted a STuG photo taken in this same place. The building is the same in both photos. At the time of posting that photo I wanted to ID the location. Thanks to this album I bought at the SoS I feel confident it is Minsk as this photo was on the smae album page as a number of photos taken in Minsk.

Mike
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's one from Smolensk.

Comment

Hello and what a great photo. Is this definite Smolensk? The reason I ask is I have a great STuG photo with this building in the background and I had it narrowed down to Minsk and if I am wrong I would love to know. Thanks for your help!

Mike
                Originally posted by wallonien View Post
                Here's one from Smolensk.

Comment

Yep, I'm pretty sure, it says, on the back of the photo: "Smolensk - Neues hotel mit Schilderwald".

Comment

thank you so much! Here is my photo I was talking about. Note the sign post tree behind the STuG..

Mike
                    Originally posted by wallonien View Post
                    Yep, I'm pretty sure, it says, on the back of the photo: "Smolensk - Neues hotel mit Schilderwald".
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by R MICHAEL; 03-17-2007, 04:54 PM.

Comment

What a coincidence! Very nice!

Comment

Here is another to add to the thread.

Mike

Comment

Developed a few more today.

Cheers

Karl
                          Attached Files

Comment

I really love this sign , Karl! I have tracked your II/71 photos and these are to say the least excellent set!

Comment

Thanks Akira, its one of my favourite sets to an individual soldier.

Cheers

Karl

Comment

Time to revive this great thread... I signpost photos!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X