Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In regard to photo 17604, the tunic is a well worn M-43 model that had been modified by the addition of a dark green collar and M-36 shoulder straps as well as pleats to the pockets to simulate an M-36 tunic, presumably for walking out purposes. The insignia has been stripped and the heavy wear suggests the tunic was worn postwar likely as a POW. I suspect this photo was taken after the war and the medals repositioned and a metal cap eagle substituted in place of the breast eagle. An interesting photo at any rate.

Comment

Soldat
      Attached Files

Comment

And another.
        Attached Files

Comment

Oberleutnant (T.O.) Walter Berner 2./Sch. 639
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
            Jan 20 - 31 Here is a Special Infantry Feldwebel Portrait.....First person to tell me on this thread everything you see on his uniform that makes it so special gets the Portrait of the soldier wearing a M42 sidecap. Limited to those in the USA Only (First class mail)
            Dam I wish I would have seen this post
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Gylsen View Post
              Soldat
              Some more great portraits Todd
              teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Lenny....I thought you Moderators were all seeing?

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                Dam I wish I would have seen this post

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                  Lenny....I thought you Moderators were all seeing?
                  I wish if I was Bill.I would have had a shot at getting me a portrait ive been looking for of a m-42 in wear

Comment

Well you are in luck as I still have the one that was posted. I had a better condition one that I sent to my friend Todd who kinda won the freebee as he named everything on the uniform except the metal breast eagle...Barry G identified the metal breast eagle so that sort of ended the competition. Let me know if you want it and send me your address information via email which is posted on this thread.

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                    I wish if I was Bill.I would have had a shot at getting me a portrait ive been looking for of a m-42 in wear

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                      In regard to photo 17604, the tunic is a well worn M-43 model that had been modified by the addition of a dark green collar and M-36 shoulder straps as well as pleats to the pockets to simulate an M-36 tunic, presumably for walking out purposes. The insignia has been stripped and the heavy wear suggests the tunic was worn postwar likely as a POW. I suspect this photo was taken after the war and the medals repositioned and a metal cap eagle substituted in place of the breast eagle. An interesting photo at any rate.

Or perhaps a W-SS M43 tunic with added pocket pleats,and he was transferred to a Heer unit?

Glenn
                      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Gents...A variety of possibilities on that tunic but a POW and post war portrait of this Infantry Feldwebel is not one of them. I appreciate your views and opinions though...Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                          +1

Heer tunic with six button front. Bet it was shortened as well with false pleats made from the left over fabric. Badge cloth collar added to enhance the early war look the wearer was going for. As for why the collar patches are missing and the metal cap eagle is substituted for breast eagle, we can only speculate.

Comment

17604 And, finally, the straps appear to be M-44 style.

Comment

9 September 1943....notice the breast eagle used as his cap eagle.
                              Attached Files

Comment

1944 Unteroffizier
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X