X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill T,

Excellent Portraits!!

I believe he is HG and Flak to boot. His Flak sleeve insignia says he is and his Tabs and SB's are probably red piped (shows up dark in pics). I have a Field made HG Panzer wrap that has the white tabs with red piping which denotes he was Sturmartillery same for flak. By the way, piping on tabs was discontinued around April 1943.

Bill P

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
    Always wondered if this guy could possibly be HG related....as his tabs seem white with dark piping around them, but his boards still show the flak waffenfabre.

(I know in 43', some LwFD's used the green tabs, but kept their branch color/waffenfabre on their boards, but not sure if this was ever the case with HG troops?)

Comment

New photos on my part!

One question.. does anybody knows the unit of the first soldier? I see he has no breast eagle..

Any help is appreciated!
      Attached Files

Comment

He appears to be soldier in the DDR.

Bill

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
        New photos on my part!

One question.. does anybody knows the unit of the first soldier? I see he has no breast eagle..

Any help is appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
          He appears to be soldier in the DDR.

Bill
          Thanks Bill! Bart V. from HWMF said that this guy could be a Czechoslovakian soldier, who used German kragenspiegel after the annexation of the Sudetenland, but were not yet equipped with german uniforms.

Could be?

Comment

I don't think so as this photo was taken at a German Photo Studio in Gorlitz Germany (eastern Zone) and not in Czech. Early East German soldiers had uniforms and insignia very similar to the German Soldier of WW2. I've had portraits like this in photos albums where sons and even the Veterans themselves were in DDR uniforms. Maybe someone else has an opinion.

Bill

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
            Thanks Bill! Bart V. from HWMF said that this guy could be a Czechoslovakian soldier, who used German kragenspiegel after the annexation of the Sudetenland, but were not yet equipped with german uniforms.

Could be?
            Last edited by W Petz; 11-21-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

If you take a look at the first button on his uniform it matches the type found on NVA (DDR) uniforms and the collar is all wrong as well.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by W Petz; 11-21-2013, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Nov13 - Portrait - 32
                Attached Files

Comment

Nov13 - Portrait - 33
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nov13 - Portrait - 34
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nov13 - Portrait - 35
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nov13 - Portrait - 36
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nov13 - Portrait - 37
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                            Hello Pietro,

Very nice Heer (PzGren) Tropical with Afrika CT in Italy photos

To be more specific....on LW Tunics but in the Italien theater they apparently ignored this.

Bill

Thanks Bill for the information about the Tunics!

As always others nice shots!

Comment

Thank you for confirming my suspicions Bill. And wow, that wrap sounds interesting for sure!

- lw Flak
                              Attached Files

Comment

Bill T,

No Problem! I believe that wrap was posted years ago on WAF. I got it directly from the Family i.e. the vets Brother who I had met at a flea market in Neumarkt, Germany where they also lived. My friends Jim Haley, Jim Pool and Bob Hritz (WAF Members) have had that wrap in their hands and they think it is the real deal. It also came with Modified Panzer trousers (zipper front lower pockets) and a Panzer M43 marked HG.

Bill P

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
                                Thank you for confirming my suspicions Bill. And wow, that wrap sounds interesting for sure!

- lw Flak

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X