• Show
Clear All

Officer candidate
    Attached Files

Comment

Another officer candidate wearing cords

Angel
      Attached Files
      Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Nice photos Angel.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

This series of photos are usually interesting to me for the details of uniforms, yet what struck me about this photograph is the evidence of a serious injury to the brow above the right eye. Perhaps even the eye is a glass prosthetic. It is sobering to see an incidence of the disfigurement that occured to many thousands of combatants during the war.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                    This series of photos are usually interesting to me for the details of uniforms, yet what struck me about this photograph is the evidence of a serious injury to the brow above the right eye. Perhaps even the eye is a glass prosthetic. It is sobering to see an incidence of the disfigurement that occured to many thousands of combatants during the war.

Definitely keeps the reality of wearing a SWB for head wound in perspective. Also covering it with the overseas cap a little more than the usual side style panache for this photo.

Comment

Comment

Photograph of Gefreiter Johann Lohr while a POW in New York. The postcard back is addressed to his wife Gertrud.

Comment

Comment

Bryant, Todd, Angel and Borodinenko,

Great Portraits! Thanks for sharing them with us all. Here are a few more from my collection

Nov12 - Portrait - 1
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nov12 - Portrait - 2
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nov12 - Portrait - 3
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X