• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kreigsmarine sailor and his girlfriend

Here's a nice image of a couple.
    Attached Files

Comment

Steven,

It helps if you have place them in small boxes marked with category branch of servce etc., for long term storage or awaiting transfer to photo holders for viewing. For me based on the amount of photos I have boxes work and I use a card marker showing where I left off. I keep a box for new arrivals by date only so after I post them they are sorted and transferred into one of the other boxes. I don't know what kind of storage system you are using as you stated you have 600 TR and 200 IMP so must be using something to keep them protected. I suggest that you use a small box or two on a temporary bases as I believe you would want to transfer them to photo holders for viewing. Not sure that would work for you but it does for me. Bill

Comment

John,

Nice Portraits....thanks for sharing them. The reverse of the Panzer Gefr. portrait appears to have his name and street address...Josef Koller Tzirngleuginfeld 18?

Jun09 - Portrait #17
        Attached Files

Comment

Jun09 - Portrait #18
          Attached Files

Comment

Jun09 - Portrait #19
            Attached Files

Comment

Jun09 - Portrait #20
              Attached Files

Comment

Jun09 - Portrait #21
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                  Steven,

It helps if you have place them in small boxes marked with category branch of servce etc., for long term storage or awaiting transfer to photo holders for viewing. For me based on the amount of photos I have boxes work and I use a card marker showing where I left off. I keep a box for new arrivals by date only so after I post them they are sorted and transferred into one of the other boxes. I don't know what kind of storage system you are using as you stated you have 600 TR and 200 IMP so must be using something to keep them protected. I suggest that you use a small box or two on a temporary bases as I believe you would want to transfer them to photo holders for viewing. Not sure that would work for you but it does for me. Bill
                  I have my photos in two archive quality albums for display and the ones I posted are all over the albums. I will have to sit down, maybe with a small sticker or erasable pencil and marl a corner of the album whre each posted photo is. I have them put in there in some order of branch or subject matter, with portrait and landscape versions seperate from each other, unless from a grouping. Just a matter of finding the time to do it.

Comment

Panzer Gefreiter

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the translation. Your photos are great too.

John

Comment

It is Lengenfeld, thought was stands in front of it.. Think the first letter is a Z.

Bill thanks for sharing

Comment

Michael,

These caps are dated to the Reichwehr period as allot of photos of men wearing this cap are seen in early wehrmacht prewar and paramilitary Reicharbeitsdienst labor groups. Bill

Jun09 - Portrait #22

Originally posted by SHEARING-CROSS
                        HI Good evening , i have been given a small pile of german photos and documents which as a collector of british items is not my thing so MY detailed knowledge is basic any help would be great thanks .
                        this is a snap shot photo of german soldiers but have never seen these caps before ,are the captured russian issue ? many thanks ,Michael.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Jun09 - Portrait #23
                          Attached Files

Comment

Jun09 - Portrait #24
                            Attached Files

Comment

Jun09 - Portrait #25
                              Attached Files

Comment

Jun09 - Portrait #26
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 44 users online. 0 members and 44 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X