Knights Cross Recipients Who Are Still Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noor

Thanks for the information. Actually, Harald is already listed under KC winners on the 1st Page.

Andrew

Comment

Andrew,

Sadly KC + OL holder Friedrich Kemnade passed away.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...49#post2459349

martin

Comment

My first post

Andrew,
        Hello everyone that are members to this forum. This is my first post and pretty much a test to see how things work. I have been trying to locate as many Knights Cross recipients myself over that past couple of years "by myself". I would search the internet and read various forums and must have read a few posts from the site. I have noticed that most of them do not want to identified those that are alive due to amount of mail they would receive after such posts. I really don't know what is the proper approach to this topic but I am very interested in getting my collection filled as much as I can. I live in the U.S. so the cost to just test an address gets costly. I have a fair amount of recent positive responses that I am willing to share. As soon as I see how my post looks with fonts etc., I will share names after reviewing what has been posted. I am also looking for positive address for some of the names that have been mentioned so far. Is there anyone out there that will either help me with the addresses or trade for what I may have? I am also looking for WWII Luftwaffe Aces and/or Pilots that are still living with current addresses. I'm new too this so I find the searching for the topics hard to find. I have a nice group of those as well and would like assistance in that area. I have been researching many other areas as well as I am interested in aviation pilots.
        Well, enough talk and I hope to add to this forums benifits.
        Thanks, Carey

Comment

Andrew,
          I went through my list and these are confirmed alive within last 6 months from my requests received.

Josef "Sepp" Allerberger Heer KC
          Winrich Behr Heer KC
          Emil Berner Luftwaffe KC
          Gunter Braake Heer KC
          Hugo Broch Luftwaffe KC
          Albert Dubicki Heer KC
          Willi Hammerich Heer KC
          Karl-Ludwig Johanssen Luftwaffe KC
          Hans Klaus Luftwaffe KC
          Heinrich Kohler Heer KC
          Gerhard Krems Luftwaffe KC
          Theo Kroj Heer KC
          Norbert Kujacinski Heer KC
          Maximilian Mayerl Luftwaffe KC (rumor is his family may be signing? He is living w/them)

Heinrich Meiswinkle Heer KC
          E. Martin Mitschke Heer KC
          Ernst Neufeld Heer KC
          Wilhelm Noller Luftwaffe KC
          Jurgens Oesten Kriegsmarine KC
          Arthur Pipan Luftwaffe KC
          Robert Freiherr von Prochazka Heer KC
          Erwin Prossl Luftwaffe KC
          Karl Rammelt Luftwaffe KC
          Dr. Alfred Regeniter Heer KC
          Konrad von Rittmeyer (?) KC
          Werner Roell Luftwaffe KC
          Hermann Schleinhege Luftwaffe KC
          Bruno Schmelzinger Heer KC
          Herbert Schneider (?) KC (2 listed w/same name and I don't know whom I received)

Gunter Seeger Luftwaffe KC
          Helmut Steffan Luftwaffe KC
          Paul Heinrich Stoll Heer KC
          Helmut Vogtle (?) KC
          Karl Heinz Schnell Luftwaffe KC

I'm looking for addresses of some of the previously mentioned KC Holders and maybe confirm others that I have not tested but have addresses.

Hope this helps,
          Carey

Comment

Hello - I would like to make a request for the address of Eberhard Zahn. He was a subordinate in late 1944 of Meinrad von Lauchert whose biography I am writing. I would really appreciate the opportunity to ask Zahn (in German) concerning his experiences under Lauchert to help illuminate a fairly chaotic period (East Prussia Sep/Oct 44). Please PM me or email me at panzerbaer@aol.com

Thanks,
            Frederick

PS I am not just interested in his autograph or picture - I have those already thanks to a fellow WAF member!

Comment

Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay in updating / responding. Has been a very busy two weeks on my end which translates to little or no free time.

Anyway, will try my best to bring things up-to-date.

Updated the list with my latest names: 2/19/08

If anyone has any address's of any of the above named guys that they would like to share please email me with the address.I would be most gratefull!!! Jay
              Jay, it's not an exact science, but it is something you can do. Most people who have been in touch with KC holders are leery of providing addresses. You might have good results with Deutsche Telefon, some name checking and a little tenacity.

Hello - I would like to make a request for the address of Eberhard Zahn.
              Friedrich, I wish you luck in your quest. Last I heard he was in Austria.

Andrew,
              I went through my list and these are confirmed alive within last 6 months from my requests received.
              Carey

AWESOME !!!!! Thanks so much for the additional names. I will have to incorprate them into the list. Your input is very much appreciated !!

Andrew

Comment

Here are some updates for your list

Oberleutnant der Reserve
                Niggemeyer, Wilhelm
                * 09.05.1918 Haan, Krs Düsseldorf/Rheinland
                + 14.02.2008 Erftstadt
                Ritterkreuz am: 18.09.1942
                als: Leutnant der Reserve
                Funktion: Führer 2./PiBtl 26
                241. Eichenlaub am: 17.05.1943 als Oberleutnant der Reserve
                Bataillonsadjutant PiBtl 26
                Bes. Vermerke: Laut eigenen Angaben war er zuletzt nur Oberleutnant der Reserve.
                Bundeswehr: Von 10.11.1955 bis 30.09.1974
                Zuletzt: Oberstleutnant

Hauptmann
                Beier, Karl
                * 30.06.1919 Plauen /Vogtland
                + 29.12.2007 Vogt
                Ritterkreuz am: 06.12.1944
                als: Oberleutnant
                Funktion: Flugzeugführer, Beobachter u. Verb.Offz zur 5. rumänischen Kampfgruppe

Oberfeldwebel
                Ensle, Wolfgang
                * 29.07.1920 Mutlangen/Schwäb.Gmünd
                + 27.09.2007 München
                Ritterkreuz am: 08.08.1944
                als: Fahnenjunker-Feldwebel
                Funktion: Flugzeugführer 3./SchlachtG 2 "Immelmann"

Major im Generalstab
                Hopf, Theodor
                * 23.09.1918 Schwarzenberg/Sachsen
                + 23.01.2008 Prien/Chiemsee
                Ritterkreuz am: 21.09.1941
                als: Oberleutnant
                Funktion: Chef 1.(Radf.)/InfRgt 170
                Bundeswehr: Von 01.03.1956 bis 30.09.1978
                Zuletzt: Brigadegeneral

Leutnant
                Bretz, Hans
                * 29.07.1926 Rothenburg o.d.Tauber
                + 23.11.2007 Regensburg
                Ritterkreuz am: 06.05.1945
                als: Oberfähnrich
                Funktion: Zugführer PzVernichtungsBrig Obeschlesien
                Bes. Vermerke: 12. Verleihung durch HGR Mitte.

Korvettenkapitän
                Rohweder, Hellmut
                * 17.01.1914 Hagen/Westfalen
                + 09.02.2008 Flintbek
                Ritterkreuz am: 14.11.1943
                als: Kapitänleutnant (Ing.)
                Funktion: Leitender Ingenieur U-69 u. U-514
                Bundeswehr: Von 04.04.1956 bis 31.03.1972
                Zuletzt: Kapitän zur See

Have had a quick browse through the list and the following have also passed on,

Fritz Kerscher

Hans-Joachim Hunger

Rolf Due

Josef Dorries

Heinrich Keese

Gerhard Beier

Plus Bidermann is not a RKT , he won the DKiG .

regards

Paul

Comment

Johannes Koll and Otto Gemunden have also passed away,

regards

Paul

Comment

Andrew,
                    I have just received another list that may be about a year old so I can't give you any info that I would say is totally positive. It may fill in some gaps for some KC recipients I have that may be alive, but untested. I have been working on my list for a couple of years but as I have stated it is costly to get a no response or never see it again type. I know this can be a touchy subject for most, but still would like to help others as well as myself in obtaining some good info. Where would be a good place to locate images to send? I have pulled them mainly off the internet or I would originally send a 3x5 card and ask for a photo.
                    Anyone with help please PM me
                    Thanks, Carey
                    Last edited by schrader; 03-11-2008, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Where on earth do you aqquire these mens home address'?

Im just wondering, do they know any of you who contact them? Do they mind?

again im just wondering because it would be so good to write a letter, but im not sure what i would say

If anyone could PM me an address i would be forever grateful!

Best Regards

James M

Comment

Paul E: Here are some updates for your list...
                        Wow, thanks for the information, but depressing to sadly remove so many at one time. May they Rest in Peace.

............ as I have stated it is costly to get a no response or never see it again type......Where would be a good place to locate images to send? I have pulled them mainly off the internet or I would originally send a 3x5 card and ask for a photo.
                        Carey

I understand, it can be quite costly to send out letters. But there is no other way that I can think of. We must all first and foremost remember that these are all elderly gentlemen from a different time in history. Most do not have access to the internet, may not have good 2nd language skills, and many are sadly in declining health. Personally, I send an introductory letter and ask permission to send a photo for their signature. In most instances where they respond back to me they include a signed photo. I always send a thank you response letter and a gift of my appreciation. As for where to obtain photos, the best source is the internet search engines or other collectors.

Don Zamo: Where on earth do you aqquire these mens home address'?Im just wondering, do they know any of you who contact them? Do they mind?
                        Jim

The internet makes the world much smaller. A little reasearch on the names listed on the first page, plus a search in the German phone books usually narrow a particular search. The same as you would do for any one you are searching for.

I personally send an introductory letter telling them a little about myself and the reason I am asking for them to sign a picture. I figure they get many inquries, but it is nice to know who is asking. Several have sent back letters with photos and copies of their military history.

Kids have ballplayers as hero's, I have soldiers........ I believe I live in a richer world !!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew

Comment

One thing to add i have contacted over 700 RKT's and now have met many and count some as friends but in initial contact always pay them the respect of sending them some cash to cover their expenses as they are not all well off and it can be costly for them replying to letters and getting photos copied etc.

Many return some or all of the money but the contact shouldn't cost them anything , i usually send 10 euros.

regards

Paul

Comment

Another one gone ,

Hauptmann d.R.a.D.
                            Hütten, Dr. Karl
                            * 15.02.1917 Kempen/Krefeld
                            + 11.02.2008 .......................
                            Ritterkreuz am: 24.10.1944

Paul

Comment

Andrew,
                              I am very much aware of the proper technics of sending requests as I have been doing that for about 12 years. I always send postage cost, return envelopes, a little extra for signing if they decide to. I like hearing some of their wartime experiences etc. I just thought that maybe there was a chance of trading addresses that are positive. Just knowing that they are alive is a plus and will follow my normal searching avenues. I have a very large list running right now and just trying to break it down with a little help. Now, if there are any that are looking as I mentioned please PM me or email at my previous post address.
                              Thanks, this is still great help!

Comment

I am very much aware of the proper technics of sending requests as I have been doing that for about 12 years.
                                Carey

I apologize for my reply, I hadn't meant to infer any negativity in it. I started writing, and then kind of went off and made it a general post for those who might come across this thread.

Sometimes when writing multiple responses, my thoughts move faster than my typing.

Paul E: Another one gone,.................
                                You're becoming the official bearer of bad news

Seriously though, thanks for the update and may we keep them and their families in our prayers.

Andrew

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X