No announcement yet.

Knights Cross Recipients Who Are Still Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Sametreiter too,is 90 and I don't know if he will reply.I read that his health is not very good.

Comment

Hubert Meyer does not reply to letters anymore due to his age and the problems that brings . I have had the pleasure of meeting him several times over the last 25 years at the 1 Panzer Korps reunions .
      Rudolf v Ribbentrop is also a very private person , he does not normally agree to meet visitors , I met him many years ago at the 7th Kompanie reunion .
      Last month I was with Kurt Sametreiter , he is in great health and was 90 recently .
      Please respect these men's privacy and do not show up at their doors unannounced . This is speaking from experience .

Comment

OK, thank You for replies.
        I corresponded with them several years ago - at that time came the answer.
        However, if you can help me and send the address to people who still actively communicate, you'll be very grateful.

Comment

Nice to be OLD sometimes

It's nice to be "old". I met Hundreds of RKT's in the 70's & 80"s. I would never think to bother any of them now however !

Comment

Originally posted by jirka12hj View Post
            OK, thank You for replies.
            I corresponded with them several years ago - at that time came the answer.
            However, if you can help me and send the address to people who still actively communicate, you'll be very grateful.

My goal is not to bother these men personally. I would just write them a letter.
            Personal meetings will take place only with Mr. Carius.

Comment

I wrote Sametreiter a letter recently and was wondering if an answer could reasonably be expected. I am in contact with one of Sametreiters men and received some images of Sametreiters RK ceremony. I am not asking for an autograph, I was just wondering if he is or would be willing to put something on paper or does his blindness prevents him from doing so. Maybe, the persons who are or have been in close contact with him can answer this question.

Jochen S.

Comment

Hello

Does anyone know any details about the combat service of the following men:
                Note: I am not wanting to contact them, as I know they are getting up there in age and some are very unhealthy, I simply want to know what they did to earn their Knights Cross of the Iron Cross:

Franz Weber
                Siegfried Freyer
                Hellmut Lutze
                Max Rehbein
                Heinz Probst

Any information is appreciated. I can't find anything specific with a simple internet search.

Comment

quesion

hello everyone
                  I want to ask you a question:
                  if I write the letter for the Knights Cross Recipients ,could I need post moneny for them , the money is used the postage of their reply.
                  please tell me , thank you .

Comment

I always included money

When I wrote to RKT's ( 70's, 80's & 90's) I always sent money to cover the photo & postage. Since I did this I know is why I received almosy 2,000 signed photos. When I attended several OdR reunions, the Photos were generaly just given to us collectors free of charge, although some asked for money. Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                      When I wrote to RKT's ( 70's, 80's & 90's) I always sent money to cover the photo & postage. Since I did this I know is why I received almosy 2,000 signed photos. When I attended several OdR reunions, the Photos were generaly just given to us collectors free of charge, although some asked for money. Tom
                      how did you post the moneny?Do you post the letter include it?

Comment

question?

what`s wrong with herr walter Shuck.last month I wrote a letter for him.who can ask him what is happen?

Comment

Originally posted by ask4000 View Post
                          how did you post the moneny?Do you post the letter include it?
                          Just include the money together with your letter in the same envelope.

Understand that you are not the only one who is asking them for a signed photo.

A reproduction and postage does cost these old men money too, and not all of them do have big pension money to spend.

Good luck.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Comment

Maybe I took it at the beginning of a bad end.....
                            I forgot to introduce my self to you. My name is Jirka (George). I am 31 years old, I am living in Czech Republic - in capital town Prague near SS lazaret Prag - now it is maternity hospital.
                            I am 10 years a member of the historical military club, which focused on the 12th SS Division and 1.LAH. Members of our club is involved in collecting information, war relics and together we ride on the historic expedition. Personally I am a collector from my 14 years.
                            www.kvhwest.com

Few signatures I have received from herr Sametreiter, herr Ribbentrop, herr Carius, herr Misch and many years ago from herr H. Meyer.
                            http://www.kvhwest.com/fotohubert
                            http://www.kvhwest.com/rmisch

I would like to ask for advice on how can I get address the following men:
                            herr Hermann Schleinhege
                            herr Heinz Steinmeyer from12th SS
                            herr Becker-Neetz
                            herr Sören Kam
                            herr Radermacher
                            herr Hermes.
                            I would like to ask them for an autograph on the photograph.
                            It is now one of the last chances to approach the esteemed man with a request for his autograph.
                            I ask you for any advice.
                            I do not intend to visit these men personally, but only write them a letter.

Thank You very much!
                            Best regards!

jirka12hj@gmail.com
                            Last edited by jirka12hj; 07-27-2012, 11:22 AM.

Comment

please give me too
                              my E-mail:ask4000@163.com or 18598012@qq.com

Comment

ask4000 - Money I sent to RKT's

ASK4000, I would just include the cash with my letter in the same envelope. I never had one get lost or stolen out of the Hundreds I mailed. Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X