Unfinished AS Minesweepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don,

I thought that the AS in triangle belongs to the producer Adolf Scholze Grünwald - Gablonz.

Also the badges were found near the area where his company was located during the WW2.

Also Weitze is connecting this mark to this producer, see the link https://www.weitze.net/cgi-bin/cat-a...9&lang=d&kat=1

Anyway does anybody have pictures of AS in triangle badges with the same hardware system as on my badges??? Till now I only saw the ball hinge system......

Thank you

Pavel

Comment

Well Pavel, if they were indeed found near the Scholze factory in Gablonz then this would seem to be the likely maker. Have other items with this mark been found there?

Thanks for showing and Merry Christmas.
      pseudo-expert

Comment

Don,

I found only this 2 badges on this place. But I have not finished yet, I hope to find more items......

Comment

What other factories were in the same area? Anyone else which could be tied to those initials?
          pseudo-expert

Comment

What is the current thought of the AS in a triangle belonging to AD Schwerdt? I have not kept up on the vacillation between the two makers and this elusive maker mark.

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Mark, nothing concrete either way.
              pseudo-expert

Comment

Pavels has found other items in Gablonz. Here is a link to an earlier thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=241731
                pseudo-expert

Comment

Hi,

I returned to the place on Friday and managed to find many other badges.

Here are for example other interesting examples. Definitely unfinished pieces removed from next process because of quality problems......

Pavel

Last edited by pavels_2005; 04-14-2009, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Hi Pavel,

Some more very interesting finds.

I can figure out that the first two pics are front and back of the same partially trimmed badge.

Are the last two pics front and back of the same piece?

Regards
                    Mike
                    Regards
                    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hi Mike,

yes the first 2 pictures are front and back side of 1 badge. The second set of 2 pictures are again front and back side of one badge.

The second badge is very interesting. It was stamped or cut in wrong position which resulted in missing of almost half of the badge. The back side is also interesting. It is not flat like all the other badges but hollow, with no trace of any setup for hardware and maker mark.

I found there about 32 badges total. Some of them also with finish. There were many unfinished pieces there as panzer badge, close combat clasp, wound badges...... All of them interesting in some aspect.

I will prepare new thread for them as I think this will bring many new questions about the technology and cooperation of the Gablonz badges producers in the Third Reich period.

Regards

Pavel

Comment

Interesting developments.
                        pseudo-expert

Comment

I would post all your finds in this thread if I were you. Solving the AS mystery effects all badge collectors and the info needs to be in one place to be analized. We can post links in the other forums to this thread here.
                          pseudo-expert

Comment

Hi Don,

OK I will post the other pictures in this thread. It will take some time to clean the badges + make pictures........

Regards

Pavel

Comment

I made some pictures of the most interesting badges from the group.
                              As you can see all badges are made from same material - zinc. They were produced with the same technology. All of them have the same hardware setup system.All pieces were removed from the next production because of some quality problems.
                              I personally think that they all were made by the same producer, or maybe this are test pieces from the producer of stamping tools....... This is big area for discussion.
                              I also think ( according this found) that Gablonz producers produced badges ( or semi finished parts of them ) For other makers. See the wound badges with Nr. 100 and the U-Boat clasp ( Berlin )

Now the discussion is open for your comments....

Regards

Pavel

Last edited by pavels_2005; 04-14-2009, 04:38 PM.

Comment

The wound badge makes no sense in this collection of awards.
                                pseudo-expert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X