Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfinished AS Minesweepers

Hi all,

here are my 2 unfinished AS Minesweepers that I found recently.

First one has not cut the inside area, both have not finished the needle system.

I would be grateful for any comments.
    Thank you

Pavel

Where did you find these? They dont look like ground findings.
    Last edited by jiipee76; 12-24-2008, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I thought this maker used a ball hinge?
      pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
        I thought this maker used a ball hinge?
        OOooops ....

Comment

Plus, whoever started the assembly must have been a tad confused. Looks like they attempted to put a "hook-device" for horizontal clasps onto the Catch section ....
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

yes it was a ground found. I was pleased that the condition is so good. The material is zinc and this is usualy oxidated a lot when found in ground.

I also noticed that the hardware system is diferent than the ball hinge, as I saw on other badges from Adolf Scholze. Dooes anybody have pictures of badges from AS with this different kind of attachment?

I think that the badges also might have been removed from production, first one because of wrong cutting ( see the left wing and the head of eagle) and the second because of wrong using of the hook.......
            But it is just my thought....

Pavel

Comment

Pavel,

Is the back of the uncut one bubbled due to finish, or bubbled due to corrosion?

Comment

Perhaps remainings from a test die with a different hinge ?

Comment

Darell,
                  there is no finish on the badges, it is just zinc.
                  The bubbles are the corosion.

Comment

Just a quick question and thought guys I've got a Bronze PAB with the same makers mark that I've had for over 30 yrs and in the Heer Forum they said it was a fake that the maker is a 70 or 80 manufacture.
                    Now I'm confussed.
                    Joe
                    Attached Files

Comment

Your PAB is still a fake.

Pavel, where were these Minesweeper badges found?
                      pseudo-expert

Comment

Hi Don,

the badges were found here in Gablonz where I live.

I think they were made by local Producer Adolf Scholze (AS)
                        There were many badges producers here in the WW2 period.

Comment

[QUOTE=Don Doering;3001588]Your PAB is still a fake.

Pavel, where were these Minesweeper badges found?[/QUOTE

Hey Don how can mine be fake and his real if I was informed that the makers mark was thought up in the 1970s? Just asking cause I'm not familar with the marks.

Joe

Comment

Max, the mark is original to the period. The construction of your badge is incorrect for that maker.

Pavel, I don't know that Scholze has been linked to that particular mark. Most say he used the A.S. mark. If you've found something that indicates otherwise please show it. The badges you show have the AS triangle front and the reverse hinge from the AUGMUK CCC. Interesting for sure but it leaves many questions.
                            pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                              Max, the mark is original to the period. The construction of your badge is incorrect for that maker.

Pavel, I don't know that Scholze has been linked to that particular mark. Most say he used the A.S. mark. If you've found something that indicates otherwise please show it. The badges you show have the AS triangle front and the reverse hinge from the AUGMUK CCC. Interesting for sure but it leaves many questions.

Agree 100% with what Don has said here.

Tom
                              If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                              [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                              Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X