Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks darn near perfect match to me

Originally posted by Lorenzo Brown
    OK. I have just spent an hour scouring Kai Winkler and Helmut Weitze's websites and archives looking for your badges.( I will send you my bill...you can pay me via PayPal.) I found nothing that looked similar.....

....EXCEPT this "WH" pin marked badge. Looks like a possible match. Problem again is that this badge also looks minty, but it does have more authentic looking finish. Also, I am not real comfortable with this maker so I can't attest to it's authenticity.
    FRONT

Comment

Interesting, my WH destroyer badge uses a narrow round pin expertly done and provides tension.

Comment

Sorry to come late to this thread. Here is one more WH that matches the two badges in question. My opinion is that these badges are good.

Cheers, Frank
        Attached Files
        Cheers, Frank

Comment

3 for 3 Krispy Kreme fresh. Be nice to see one worn from wear.

Comment

Dear Brian,

Look closely at the obverse of the badge posted by Frank. If they are more worn than this one, I'm afraid they wouldn't be desirable anymore

KR
            Philippe

Comment

Hi,

Does anyone have a Minesweeper by S&L? I know they also used this sort of hinge/pin/catch assembly (eg on their DKiGs - the pins don't tound the back of these either) but I don't know if they produced maker marked Minesweeper Badges. From what I've seen of this one so far, I'm more positive than negative re authenticity.

Regards
              Mike K
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hi time for dumb questions WHO is (WH) I saw two or three makers that it could be for.

Comment

Originally posted by David R.
                  Hi time for dumb questions WHO is (WH) I saw two or three makers that it could be for.
                  Walter & Henlein

Comment

I brought this peice to Peter v.L some week's ago.
                    He was absolutly sure it was a bad one...

"It would be very hard to say if this one is good or bad judging from pictures. But when holding this in my hand, makes me absolutly sure it's a very well made fake. The "feeling" is all wrong"

Then he also pointed out the same things that Mr.Lorenzo did...
                    He thought the "bubbling" at the reverse was done with sand. I think someone said that before in this thread.

This is a very well made copy, but it cant pass a hand inspection from someone that is into badges was he's last words..

I send this badge back to the same guy I got it from.
                    The End?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X