No announcement yet.

Female Kriegsmarine Marinehelferin Brooch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have only seen the 2 pins that I have. They are very hard to come by. I have never seen a brooch.
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by münster View Post
      I have only seen the 2 pins that I have. They are very hard to come by. I have never seen a brooch.
      Hiya Dion, the one that caused me to start this thread is also the only one that I have ever seen and handled, but I was wondering why we all think that these pins/badges/brooches may not be what the girl in the photo is wearing on her tie?? The badges are quite large and I kind of think it looks in proportion with the brooch on the tie of that girl...don't you think? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

The one in the foto to me looks quite large. The ones I have are about the size of a nickel,,or slightly larger then a KM Tunic button.
        Iam Uncle Sam
        That’s who Iam
        Been hiding out
        In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by münster View Post
          The one in the foto to me looks quite large. The ones I have are about the size of a nickel,,or slightly larger then a KM Tunic button.
          no idea how big a Nickel ist, but the one I have is 30mm in diameter, which is not very large of course...but is also not that small////> Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

I would say a little over 2 cms width...maybe a 50 cent euro coin
            Iam Uncle Sam
            That’s who Iam
            Been hiding out
            In a rock and roll band

Comment

well, I don't know then...;-(...I guess that all we can do is either wait until someone who knows the answers happens to see this thread and lets us know for certain if this is the brooch or not or we can find something else in addition to what has already been said in this thread....I will certainly keep looking ... as I mentioned at the beginning of the thread somebody told me that there was something about this brooch in an Angola book about the Kriegsmarine ... I do not have that book...anyone here has it??? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

I like to concentrate on the cufftitles. This is my group of these including the female cufftitles. John
                Attached Files

Comment

The first two male cufftitles go with the letters below them. Very interesting correspondence from the son working in a shipyard at the end of the war and his Major father. Interestingly, the school studies continued in spite of the bombings on the shipyard. John

Comment

Hi John, very impressive collection of cuffbands....would the top band with the gold braids be for an Ober-Marinehelfer by any chance?? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

That is correct, again, both from the same young man. John

Comment

Originally posted by torstenbel View Post
                        no idea how big a Nickel ist, but the one I have is 30mm in diameter, which is not very large of course...but is also not that small////> Cheers, Torsten.
                        Hi Torsten,In Angolia's book, Die Kriegsmarine Vol.2 ,p380,he gives the following dimensions for the Brooch:

"approximately 3cm in diameter with a gold fouled anchor (about 2.6cm high) on a dark blue pebbled field with a 2mm wide gold rim."

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Westley View Post
                          Hi Torsten,In Angolia's book, Die Kriegsmarine Vol.2 ,p380,he gives the following dimensions for the Brooch:

"approximately 3cm in diameter with a gold fouled anchor (about 2.6cm high) on a dark blue pebbled field with a 2mm wide gold rim."

Regards,Martin.
                          Hi Martin, that perfectly matches the item that I have here. I would have thought that this is the brooch then that was worn on the tie... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Torsten,yes it was worn on the tie.
                            Another quote from the book.

"Regulations of Wear of Uniforms"
                            "The brooch was pinned below the know of the tie or below the buttoned collar of the work smocks"
                            Correctly illustrated in Mike's photogaph.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

I would say in the foto what the woman is wearing is a bit larger, wouldnt you guys think. The pin I have would never show up in the camera distance on that foto.
                              Iam Uncle Sam
                              That’s who Iam
                              Been hiding out
                              In a rock and roll band

Comment

helferin brooch

Torsten
                                I think that you and i have the brooch,when it is placed on a normal size tie it looks just like in the photo.Sorry to disagree with you Dion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X