Female Kriegsmarine Marinehelferin Brooch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Female Kriegsmarine Marinehelferin Brooch

Hi Guys, I have been told that this is a Kriegsmarine Helferin Brooch? There are no markings on it and it looks like there would have been a blue wash on the front? Is this true? I have also been told there was such a brooch pictured in an Angolia Kriegsmarine book, but I do not have any of the Angolia books ... please any info on this type of brooch or badge would be much appreciated... it measures just under 1 1/4" (exactly 30mm) in diameter. Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John R.; 06-28-2010, 07:00 PM.

front from an angle
    Attached Files

Comment

the reverse...
      Attached Files

Comment

the reverse at an angle...
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, that is what it is. I have a few photos of women wearing them and they are available on a number of dealer sites. I think this type of badge has been heavily reproduced, at least there seems to be a lot of them around---not saying yours is not OK, it probably is and looks fine. In fact, I am not sure any have been reproduced, but there are quite a few I have seen over the years.

Weitze has 4 or 5 for sale now, you can check with his examples, but yours matches.

When I have access to my computer once again, I will post for you some examples of them on tunics. You can also find examples of them in wear on ebay from time to time. John
          Last edited by John R.; 02-15-2007, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Hi John, that would be really, really great if you could post some pics... I have just never seen anything like this before...is it complete the way I have it here??? It just kind of looks like it may have been enamelled on the front?? Do you know if this was an official badge or was it something unofficial? If it was official, then why can I not find in any reference books?? or have I just not been looking in the right books... oh just so many questions... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

helferin badge

Hi.
              I have a kriegsmarine badge like yours,also a photo of a young lady wearing it i will post it on this thread tomorrow.Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mike smith View Post
                Hi.
                I have a kriegsmarine badge like yours,also a photo of a young lady wearing it i will post it on this thread tomorrow.Regards Mike
                Hi Mike, thank you very much and I really do look forward to seeing this badge in wear...just had a look at the one for sale by Weitze and it surely does look the same...but unfortunately, he does not have a pic of the reverse side of his... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

aux femal

Hi Torsten,
                  Here are photo,s of badge,not very good i am afraid.
                  Attached Files

Comment

aux femal

2nd photo.
                    Attached Files

Comment

aux femal

Photo of recepient to follow.Regards Mike.

Comment

aux femal

Photo in wear.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Heres mine, they never got a flick of interest on E stand. Ive only ran across two of them in years.
                          Attached Files
                          Iam Uncle Sam
                          That’s who Iam
                          Been hiding out
                          In a rock and roll band

Comment

aux.female.

Hi Dion
                            Better photo than mine,i think my little girl looks nice though.Why do you think there is so little interest.Not a lot of these badges around,the photo as a message on the back but i cannot make it out.Regards Mike.

Comment

I think you have even better. A larger sized brooch! I think me and everyone else posted the lapel pins. I think there is no interest due to the absence of a swaz

PS, she is a cutie

opps never mind Mike, you appear to have the lapel pin also, in the foto she has a brooch.

I find items like this much more interesting.
                              Last edited by münster; 02-16-2007, 08:05 AM.
                              Iam Uncle Sam
                              That’s who Iam
                              Been hiding out
                              In a rock and roll band

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X