griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening the mystery box: Rettenmaier, maker of combat awards and lots more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Well......

Originally posted by Nick Carraway View Post
      It would be useful to have a separate thread to list exactly what we know, what we think, and what we do not know regarding the marking of war badges.
      I think that this remark by Nick is straight on target. I wholeheartedly agree with his suggestion, and furthermore hope that it could be seriously considered.

Comment

interesting that Tank destructions badge cannot be seen Rettenmaier and Deutsche Uniformen Zeitschrift on a list,but all of the armshields and the driver badge are on him.....

Comment

Originally posted by kraut72 View Post
          interesting that Tank destructions badge cannot be seen Rettenmaier and Deutsche Uniformen Zeitschrift on a list,but all of the armshields and the driver badge are on him.....
          It's there in both lists.

Best regards,
          ---Norm
          Attached Files

Comment

Those are PABs Norm. Kraut is asking about the Tank Destruction Strips (TDBs).

Tom
            If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
            [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
            Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Durante View Post
              Those are PABs Norm. Kraut is asking about the Tank Destruction Strips (TDBs).

Tom
              Thanks Tom, my mistake. The word "badge" threw me off.

Best regards,
              ---Norm

Comment

Were the TDB's "restricted" items?

(Note also that you don't see any DK's in cloth and metal, either, which were "banned" from sale - but which were available anyway.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                  Were the TDB's "restricted" items?

(Note also that you don't see any DK's in cloth and metal, either, which were "banned" from sale - but which were available anyway.)
                  yes interesting,but TDB one "Dark Horse"
                  Last edited by kraut72; 11-16-2013, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kraut72 View Post
                    yes interesting,but TDB one "Dark Horse"
                    What are you thinking?

Comment

TDB for me very strange that a prominent one/outstanding/ awarded Heer badges between and cannot be seen,but 3 of his known different types and one maker....
                      is disappearing so as if was left out deliberately

Comment

All their badges say "ohne Stoffe" so I guess they did only metal and were not equipt to do badges that required cloth.

Comment

I must have been living under a rock as I have just found this thread. Note the WW1 wound badges that are at the start of this thread. They show that the die has significant wear. They must have used the same die throughout the 20-40s.
                          pseudo-expert

Comment

Did anyone see these

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=701870&page=3

Comment

it was not allowed to sell the TDB for the private market... so no wonder that we can not found the badge on the list

Comment

Originally posted by Giel VW View Post
                                I would prefer not to give away the name, nor the number of the LDO shop, though I would like to share some very important and relevant information for or hobby that every type of collector would love to see. For the forensic collector it is the cherry on the pie as it proofs that inductive research is rewarding. For the skeptic collector this is proof on paper with actual facts.

Giel
                                Hi Giel,

While I really appreciate the posting of this great list and associated awards and their importance to the hobby, I don't understand why the details about the store should be secret? It seems to me the name and number of the 1944 business is an important part of this discovery and leads credence to the appearance of this grouping.

I don't doubt what you've said, but for discoveries to have wide-spread acceptance in the hobby, the more details the better. As pointed out in the Cross forum, the very same L/59 Spange from this hoard was previously posted by someone back in April without any details and thus was summarily dismissed as a fake. This highlights the vital importance of the complete story along with ancillary findings to have an impact on the collective thinking. Things like what was the name of the store, can this store be found in period business listings, photos of how the entire hoard appeared in storage, what was the complete listing of awards found there and were there other maker's products as well, was Rettenmaier's order sheet the only paper found, etc.

As a collector and researcher you would surely have asked all these questions yourself.

Best regards,
                                ---Norm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X