X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rippa
    awwwww- how can you tell-

don't take that the wrong way either- thx
    Here is a real U-Boat Badge with Diamonds on the right and a very well made display on the left.
    Attached Files

Comment

REVERSE

Reverse of of the original U-boat badge.
      Attached Files

Comment

ORIGIANL 2ND TYPE CONDOR LEGION PANZER BADGE

This is what a real 2nd type Condor Legion Panzer badge looks like. OBVERSE
        Attached Files

Comment

REVERSE

The reverse of the 2nd type badge.
          Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the views of yours-
            I do have a question tho- I was reading and found there were 2 versions- early and later version, the latter had the swaz in the mold whereas the 1st had it attached- I see yours has it attached- I guess my real concern is what makes mine fake? it has makers marks etc....the diamonds were checked by a gemologist and found to be rose cuts- which by itself is an old and unusual cut- as was told to me-

Thanks again,
            Jeff

Comment

THE MYTHOLOGICAL FOERSTER AND BARTH

THE MYTHOLOGICAL FOERSTER AND BARTH has the swastika made into the badge and rose cut diamonds or sapphires set into the arms of the swastika. the only problem with this badge is that Foerster and Barth never made it, Rudolf Souval of Vienna did after the war, and you probable read it Chris Ailsby's book A COLLECTOR'S GUIDE TO: WORLD WAR 2 GERMAN MEDALS AND POLITICAL AWARD. Possible, if you are a member, his mythological story is posted on the Association pages under the U-Boat Badge with Diamonds article, also written by Mr.,. Ailsby. Here is the badge that "never was".
              Attached Files

Comment

condor legion bage

So were all of the "real" condor legion badges hollow backed? were any solid? Is that the give away of it being a repro-?

any idea on the u-boat bars?

much thx

Jeff

Comment

Tank-panzer strips???

I also uncovered these- they are in good condition- there are 2- one is obverse the other reverse-without the felt backing....

Comment

Re: condor legion bage

Originally posted by rippa
                    So were all of the "real" condor legion badges hollow backed? were any solid? Is that the give away of it being a repro-?

any idea on the u-boat bars?

much thx

Jeff
                    All Condor Legion Panzer Badges were die struck non-solid backed badges. Finding a cast or die struck solid backed badge would be a quick indication that it is a fake.

Please post the reverse of the U-Boat Frontspanges.

Comment

Jeff

The two Tank Destruction Strips are either reproductions or 1957 versions of this award. Detail of the tanks is not good and the weave pattern on the silver strips is wrong.

Phil

Comment

Phil-

tanks alot-
                        they are quite heavy, is there any value to them?

Comment

Hey Phil,

should there be any other markings on the strips?

Thx-

Comment

Jeff

I know of no markings on these badges. If you search the archives you should find a picture of the front and back to compare. Most dealers sell 1957 versions of this badge for about $20 each. Don't know how many they sell though. These are hard to fine and expensive if original some folks use the 1957 versions as fillers.

Phil

Comment

tank stripe

Thanks again Phil- WOW only $20- not really worth selling at that point-

Comment

reverse of Sub badge clasps

Hi Mr. Stump- Thanks for helping box up the phonies and fakes...
                                I sure do hope these are real....
                                Last edited by Lorenzo Brown; 01-30-2003, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X