No announcement yet.

Supposed Prototype Annexation Medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As prototypes the red background may have just been proposed, but to me the quality and age seems authentic. Your friend will be the only one with any of these...hope his pockets are deep...but then again IF he scores these...he may have a line on more items from klietmans stash who knows.

Dietrich gives me the feeling he is disappointed he didn't get to highlight them in one of his books for strictly commercial....Von Steuben you sure find great stuff to post...kudos .

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
      As prototypes the red background may have just been proposed, but to me the quality and age seems authentic. Your friend will be the only one with any of those
      There are a couple in a US collection that are said to come from Deschler, at least one in Geemany and couple in the Motherland. That said- rare would be an understatement. And unlike some other prototypes, pleasantly designed and executed. And in excellent collection.
      Having collected prototypes for years- the pool of available merchandise is bit smaller than serious punters looking to transact on them. But only a bit.
      The last true frontier of 3rd Reich collecting and one of the most rewarding ones. But also one that will never reach the usual notoriety we see with luft badges or iron crosses. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that most collectors will never be aware of most of whats out there.
      Your friend is a lucky individual to have found those. Incredible haul.
      Congrats.

cheers

Matt

Comment

Thanks Matt, so when are you going to get together with others who are fortunate enough to be in the prototype owners club, and do a publication yourselves on the subject?
        Most will never own one , or as you eluded to , even see much of the items, but we would still like to drool over them and help understand the origins of the final designs we all know and like , but are unaware as to how they evolved.
        It is through publishing that more information snowballs and is found out or discovered, thanks for your comments and good information.
        Last edited by juoneen; 06-18-2015, 11:43 PM.

Comment

proto- the last frontier

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
          Thanks Matt, so when are you going to get together with others who are fortunate enough to be in the prototype owners club, and do a publication yourselves on the subject?
          Most will never own one , or as you eluded to , even see much of the items, but we would still like to drool over them and help understand the origins of the final designs we all know and like , but are unaware as to how they evolved.
          It is through publishing that more information snowballs and is found out or discovered, thanks for your comments and good information.
          Collecting prototypes is strictly a private affair for me. No club to speak of. The reasons are obvious- chairborne experts itching to spit on an item they never seen before or held in their hands but think they know all about it.

cheers

Matt

Comment

I also like them.

Collecting prototypes though isn't mainstream as can be seen by the Deschler prototypes which HW has had available on his website for many years.

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
              Collecting prototypes is strictly a private affair for me. No club to speak of. The reasons are obvious- chairborne experts itching to spit on an item they never seen before or held in their hands but think they know all about it.

cheers

Matt
              Isn't that the truth!

Comment

....so when all said and done ...how do you know it's a prototype ..... surely it's just guess work.........and wishful thinking that you have something different

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn1 View Post
                  ....so when all said and done ...how do you know it's a prototype ..... surely it's just guess work.........and wishful thinking that you have something different
                  Here are some more.

See this post:http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=808849

Stan

Comment

I think the question should be, were “prototypes” made and the answer should be ‘yes’. If you look at the “prototypes” below I would venture that were you lucky enough to own one like the Cadillac Cyclone or the Cadillac Ciel you would be one happy camper. If I removed the Cadillac wreath and insignia from the car and you weren’t able to ascertain the ‘maker’ of the cars, would they be any less valuable or significant?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X