Supposed Prototype Annexation Medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supposed Prototype Annexation Medals

I received an email from a German friend of mine in Berlin. He has been offered these and told they were annexation medal prototypes and belonged to Dr. Klietmann.

Your thoughts please.
    Attached Files

Front & back
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

For whatever reason I couldn't get the pics to load vertically.

Although these seem well made the one thing I really don't like is the enameling behind the swastikas.

Balls in your court.

Comment

Originally posted by vonStubben View Post
            I received an email from a German friend of mine in Berlin. He has been offered these and told they were annexation medal prototypes and belonged to Dr. Klietmann.

Your thoughts please.
            You would expect Dr Kleitmann to have published these if they are what they are claimed to be ...

The Dr Klein design that was used on the Reich Partei Tag badge for 1938 and the issued Flower Wars medals is highly symbolic and much 'better' at portraying the Reich's view of the Anschluss in my opinion.

Ian

Comment

My vote goes to the first type in gold with white enamel!

I think it is hard to say something about these medals. I've never seen something similar and I'm open to all the possibilities here.

I like the design and the way these medals are made, I think die struck looking at the eagle details and the base metal. As you I don't like the enamel around the swaz, but if they were prototypes maker could have made additional changes...
              Good or not IMO they are interesting.

Surely, as Ian pointed out, Flower Wars medals design is highly symbolic and much 'better' at portraying the Reich's view of the Anschlus.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
              - THE SS TK RING
              - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
              - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
              - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Hmm. I know of one other prototype and that was the present medal sans freedom figures and with just AH profile in place.

Comment

Regarding Nimmergut and Patzwall these are genuine design proposals for the medals. Whether the shown pieces are the actual samples, who knows.

Dietrich
                  B&D PUBLISHING
                  Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Gentlemen, my thanks to you all. I will forward this discussion on.

Regards,

Chuck

Comment

wonderful

I would be interested in those medals if your friend ever decides to pass them on.

cheers

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
                        I would be interested in those medals if your friend ever decides to pass them on.

cheers

Matt
                        He will be reading this thread. I've just sent him the link.

Comment

Thank You Charles.

cheers

Matt

Comment

I know absolutely nothing about these but I will say I do like the quality of the materials and the strike.

Sure seems plausible IMO.
                            -Brian

Comment

I like these very much and would be happy to have them in my collection.

Bob Hritz
                              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X