No announcement yet.

My New Display Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the 2 pieces that now occupy the space in the corner ..

and

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Dare I say two of the nicest pieces to your display puzzle!

Comment

Originally posted by joshlichty View Post
        Dare I say two of the nicest pieces to your display puzzle!
        You certainly may ... and you are too kind

They came together at exactly the right time ... the Eagle Order Jackie (my wife) was looking at and admiring one at the recent Bedford Arms Fair, I told her it was beyond my budget so when I managed to get this one within my self-imposed allowance she insisted I bought the Olympic too.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
          ...the Eagle Order Jackie (my wife) was looking at and admiring one at the recent Bedford Arms Fair, I told her it was beyond my budget so when I managed to get this one within my self-imposed allowance she insisted I bought the Olympic too.
          Ian, you've got a good one. Not many of us can use the words 'admire' and 'insist we buy' when it comes to collecting. Good on yeah - she's a keeper!

Comment

Originally posted by joshlichty View Post
            Ian, you've got a good one. Not many of us can use the words 'admire' and 'insist we buy' when it comes to collecting. Good on yeah - she's a keeper!
            After 31 years I should hope so

She knows I'm honest with her about my collecting habit and knows I would never see the family go without ... it's a two-way thing. She just recently started coming to shows with me, she struggles to walk and has a wheelchair (Secondary Progressive MS) so always kept away before but now with the bribe of a weekend away in a nice hotel she come round with me ... asking questions and thinking far more than she says no-doubt.

Comment

Very nice collection Ian!! Thanks for sharing it

/best regards Mike

Comment

Wow! Wonderful collection Ian! Thanks for sharing - all the best , Guy

Comment

Great display Ian!
                  Congrats for all these beauties!

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
                  - THE SS TK RING
                  - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
                  - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
                  - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Well done Ian!

Chet
                    Zinc stinks!

Comment

Many thanks for the nice comments guys

Ian

Comment

Display Case

Awesome! Ian, from the beautiful grain of the wood it looks like it's made of oak. And it slides out from underneath a coffee table how cool is that Looks natural is there a finish on it? And your medals are displayed very nicely in the case. Working on a display case myself and will definitely look into the uv protection.

Jef

Comment

Originally posted by horwathj View Post
                          Awesome! Ian, from the beautiful grain of the wood it looks like it's made of oak. And it slides out from underneath a coffee table how cool is that Looks natural is there a finish on it? And your medals are displayed very nicely in the case. Working on a display case myself and will definitely look into the uv protection.

Jef
                          Thanks Jeff, yes it's solid oak ... bought to match the flooring in our sitting room. I'm tossing up whether to coat the window in the UV resistant film or just the coffee table top. The wood is untreated ... we have some special oil to apply periodically to preserve it's finish. The coffee table came from here .. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coffee-Tab.../161723151146??

We are storing the envelopes safely away and putting my Grandad's WWI Royal Navy cap and the rest of my medals in the case.

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

An update ...

I've removed the envelopes and added my Imperial collection, British and Commonwealth and also the new medals and a small collection of really nice ribbon bars I picked up from here a couple of weeks ago.

Hope you like them

Comment

Great collection Ian

Stan

Comment

" the 'case' is actually a single drawer in a coffee table so I'll be able to enjoy my collection every day..."

... just don't spill the coffee Ian!!

Seriously, you've done a great job - well done that man.

Best wishes
                                Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X