X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baton

Very informative, Thank you, Butch

Comment

An uncommon photo of Generalfeldmarschall Wolfram von Richthofen holding his baton after the award ceremony on February 16th, 1943.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hermann Goöring's marschallstab (second model) presented to Ted Gamble, National War Finance Director, by Lt. Gen. Alexander Patch, who took it when his 7th Army captured Göring in 1945.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
          Hermann Goöring's marschallstab (second model) presented to Ted Gamble, National War Finance Director, by Lt. Gen. Alexander Patch, who took it when his 7th Army captured Göring in 1945.
          Correction: the correct term is Reichsmarschallstab (there was no second model)

Comment

Hi Sepp,

That is for sure an excellent contribution to this forum, one can see how many time you are spending to bring such amazing stuff!

Thanks for that

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by August von Mackensen View Post
              Hi Sepp,

That is for sure an excellent contribution to this forum, one can see how many time you are spending to bring such amazing stuff!
              Thanks for the kind words Matt! I appreciate it

Comment

Großadmiral Karl Dönitz baton on display at the Shropshire Regiment Museum, UK.
                Attached Files

Comment

A period picture (with great zoom) of the same baton!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Buddy ! These are great pic's !!!!!!!!!! Tom

Comment

It really hurts to see how they display it, they are hurting that velvet

Comment

What is a bit annoying is that the person who actually captured Donitz's baton was at the rear of the picture and the museum has cut him and his colleague out.

He ask Donitz for his baton and Donitz refused, he then told Donitz that he would have no use for it for were he was going...so he handed it over.

Several hours later the new batons owner was ordered to hand it over to his commanding officer. In the part of the picture that was cut out, im pretty sure you can see the bottom of the batton hidden behind his back!

Good little story! Cheers Mike

Comment

Surrender of Generalfeldmarschall Gerd von Rundstedt in Weilheim, Germany.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow, I would like to know where that interim baton is. I would give my kidney for that one. Maybe both.

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
                              Wow, I would like to know where that interim baton is. I would give my kidney for that one. Maybe both.
                              Sold a few years ago
                              Attached Files

Comment

posts #597 & #599... those appear not to be the same baton....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X