Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pictures!

Comment

Don't recall if this one has been posted yet or not...
      Attached Files

Comment

While not wanting to flog a dead horse, or a living Feldmarschall, for that matter, I find it incredible that the international community is always obsessed with 'justice' and the rightful return of items stolen during the conflict, a particularly good example being the never ending quest to return artworks to Jews. But when the shoe is put on the other foot, everyone shouts you down. How about the Schliemann gold? Total hypocrisy.

Comment

normal happening since ever, any proud family would want to get taken family property back again.

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
          While not wanting to flog a dead horse, or a living Feldmarschall, for that matter, I find it incredible that the international community is always obsessed with 'justice' and the rightful return of items stolen during the conflict, a particularly good example being the never ending quest to return artworks to Jews. But when the shoe is put on the other foot, everyone shouts you down. How about the Schliemann gold? Total hypocrisy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelle M. View Post
            The boys on a field trip!
            That 2nd photo (5th image) is really interesting. Note the crooked cap eagle on that SS general.

Comment

"[I]the never ending quest to return artworks to Jews"

- wouldn't anybody want their sh*t back if it was stolen from them or their family...

- the Schliemann gold isn't really a surprise. The Soviets stole whole countries! and nothing going anywhere while they have their King in place..

These FM Batons are cool. They didn't go back to them or their families because I guess everyone forgot they were awarded by a criminal government for making a illegal war.. FMs were complicit or at the very least at the time knew about the Holocaust. They all deserve the rope. What self respecting family that had a FM in it would want any association with the nazi party.

One would definitely be a star of a collection though!.

'

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Gylsen View Post
                Don't recall if this one has been posted yet or not...
                Hi Todd, yes it was and in a better definition
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Biber View Post
                  That 2nd photo (5th image) is really interesting. Note the crooked cap eagle on that SS general.
                  That's what they call a bad cap day

Comment

Originally posted by Biber View Post
                    By the way, that's Julius Schaub.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelle M. View Post
                      That's what they call a bad cap day
                      Lol
                      When you go home
                      Tell them for us and say
                      For your tomorrow
                      We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                      Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
                        I agree. What is commonly forgotten is that much of this so called stolen art was not stolen at all but purchased. Quite legitimately .
                        Dönitz to his dying day fought for his baton and rightly so. It wasn't, by the way a criminal government. There were criminal acts taking g place but that is not the same.

Comment

Clumsy design...Antonuscu looks like he's holding a tin of Pringles compared to Keitels baton.

Comment

Hi,
                            Does anybody know if the Milch baton sold today in Thies??
                            Thanks,
                            Rigsby.

Comment

It did, at the storting price of €450 k If I’m not misstaken.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X